Now that January has come and gone, how well are you sticking to your resolutions? Valpak, a leader in local print and digital coupons, has been in the business of helping people save money for more than 45 years. Valpak knows making New Year’s Resolutions — which usually includes resolutions about saving more and spending less – can be daunting
A 2014 study from the University of Scranton states that just 8% of people are successful in achieving their New Year’s resolutions and nearly one-third (29%) of people are unable to maintain their resolution past two weeks into the year.
Valpak has some suggestions on how to keep those resolutions and save money in the meantime:
- Budget Quality Time with Family: Get away from the hustle pat The Resort on Mt. Charleston, a log-built hotel in Kyle Canyon only 30 minutes away from town; one night and dining package only $99.
- Invest in Your Car’s Maintenance: Instead of letting it sneak up on you, make an appointment to get your oil changed or have your tires rotated; put it on your calendar for next time so it doesn’t creep up on you. Check out Midas with $17.99 oil change coupon including tire rotation or $10 off $30 auto services; or Meineke Car Care Center with oil change for $14.95 with 23 point inspection; replacement brakes from $79.95.
- Get yourself organized: Most resolutions lists included getting organized. You can do that with Stephanie Self Storage, 50% off any size unite for 2 months; free moving truck and driver and one month free.
- Save more money: Make sure to download apps to your smartphone that can help you save on restaurants, entertainment, clothing, home maintenance and more with coupons, coupon codes and grocery coupons such as Valpak, Savings and Favado.
- Finally Finish Those Home Projects: Find all kinds of home services such as plumbers, air conditioning, cabinets and kitchen redo, closets, windows, carpet cleaning that will get the house in shape:or Bella Patio for $500 off any patio cover; Quality’s One Hour for repair, installation, and maintenance of your heating and cooling system.
- Find More Time While Also Saving More Money: Instead of making every meal, give yourself a break. Going out to eat with your family doesn’t have to break the bank. Check out the Valpak website or the Valpak app to find great local restaurants such as Grape Street Café & Wine Bar, 20% off total lunch or dinner purchases or 50% off all bottles of wine when you dine on Mondays.
- Take better care of yourself: Get that facial you’ve been dreaming about and pamper yourself; Secret Body Spa 50% off laser hair removal and cellulite treatments; or Relax Nails and Spa $3 off spa pedicure; eyebrow and lip wax only $13.99.
- Get Healthier: It could be time to look into body sculpting, ultrasonic fat reduction and t-zone vibration at Ultralur with packages starting at $99.
For more tips on resolving to save money, visit the Valpak blog.