5 Ways to Stay Productive During a Winter Storm
Winter storms have been hitting the US nearly every week. Millions of Americans are sick and tired of waking up with blocked driveways, unsafe commutes and the kid’s running around. By mid–day, cabin fever begins to set in, and many people will continue using the blizzard as an excuse to do nothing. Some, however, will see it as the exact opposite – the perfect time to get things done. Here’s 5 tips on how to stay productive during the storm.
- App Refresh: Delete the apps not in use and research new ones that will help meet the resolutions made back on January 1 but haven’t thought of since. Download the year’s best free apps that will help save time and money, stay organized, experience the city better and get in shape. The Valpak mobile app helps to save money in the local area, and Astird is a great app to help stay organized.
- TED Talks: TED Talks gives on–demand access to hundreds of videos from the world’s most inspiring voices. Tuning in can help motivate to get moving on personal and professional goals just as soon as the snow has stopped falling.
- Keep the Kids Active: If the kids are looking for a way to play indoors, simply blow up some balloons and play “keep–up”; or use paper fans to play a version of table tennis.
- DIY Clean: Catch up on all the cleaning put off over the long weekend. With the extra time, make homemade cleaning products to save a few bucks, and then test them out.
- Get Rid of Excess: Take the time to go through the house to find things to bring to the consignment store when the roads clear. It’s a great time to go through closets and come up with items to resell, and have some extra cash for spring essentials.