8 High-Tech Gadgets for Father’s Day
Good dads come in many packages. Some are brainy, some are brawny; but few men can resist the allure of gadgets and electronics. Whether he’s a true geek or just likes new cool stuff, you’ll find a wide assortment of Father’s Day gadgets for all areas of his life – plus great deals using online coupon codes.
There are men who are always in motion, and those who like to sit back and watch the action. Here are some items that satisfy both.
1. The GoPro camera is not just for skydivers anymore. He can strap it on his head and hit the surf, or use it as a toddler-cam and create the next mini YouTube sensation. One entry-level wearable video cam to check out is the HERO3 White Edition. Smaller and lighter than other models, it offers pro-quality video up to 1080p30, and 5MP photos at up to 3 frames per second. It’s waterproof and comes with built-in Wi-Fi so he can use it remotely.
2. If Dad is a golfer, treat him to the high-tech Cobra AMP CELL Driver. Its SmartPad technology and MyFly adjustability offer six different trajectory settings in one club. This is designed to maximize speed, distance and loft (Kids: that basically means he can hit the ball higher and faster). Make him feel like Bubba Watson, even if he can’t find Augusta on a map.
Whether he’s Bob Vila or Rube Goldberg, he’ll appreciate the newest high-tech tools that make DIY a lot more fun.
3. The Black & Decker 4-volt Max Gyro Screwdriver is the ultimate combination of cool and useful. The world’s first motion-activated screwdriver, it houses a gyroscope that changes speed at the twist of the wrist. It gets into small spaces easily and has a built-in LED work light. Its battery promises to hold a charge for up to 18 months, assuring that honey-do list will not be put on hold again.
Does he like to rock out with his iPhone or iPad?
4. Bose’s QuietComfort20i in-ear headphones don’t just provide entertainment; they cancel noises using a clever counter-attack to outside din. Tiny mics in each ear bud automatically crank up the volume in response to external noise. Switch to “Aware” mode to let the sounds in. Comfortable and easy to insert, they’re good for up to 16 hours of battery life per charge.
Not all Father’s Day gadgets need batteries and an instruction manual. Here’s one that makes documenting good times a breeze.
5. The fancy name is a tripod monopod adapter, but Selfie Stick is much more descriptive. This handy telescoping rod attaches securely to an iPhone, Android, Samsung, HTC or Blackberry. It practically guarantees Oscar-worthy group selfies without annoying head cutoffs.
6. Instant live streaming, 3D, built-in Wi-Fi and a huge screen – what else does a man need to watch TV? Some of the latest technology comes from Sony with its BRAVIA LED HDTV. In 50-, 60- and 70-inch screens, it offers a world of entertainment options in one device. Connect to the Internet to access TV, movies, music, and search and surf away. Motionflow XR 480 technology and 1080p display ensure crystal-clear pictures. With the money you’ll save using coupons, you can spring for the surround sound and 3D package.
When he’s watching the Big Game on the big screen, the last thing he wants to do is check the steaks on the grill every 10 minutes.
7. What makes the Taylor roasting and baking thermometer a cool Father’s Day gadget is its wireless remote pager. It works up to 200 feet away from the grill, smoker or oven, and lets you know when a meal is close to ready temperature and again when it’s done. It lights up, it vibrates, and it sounds – all the bells and whistles of a restaurant pager. As if.
8. Rich on features yet kind to the wallet, The Dell Inspiron 15 laptop computer will keep Dad connected. If it’s time to upgrade, this one is notable for its 4th Gen Intel® Core™ processor, 15.6” screen and Windows 8 touch screen. The design is 21% thinner than previous models and is outfitted for an optional tablet feature.