Mom’s Easy Spring Fruit Salad
Fruit is starting to grow, the sun is shining and we are all yearning for the tastes of spring. Celebrate this happy season with mom and make her a treat that just shines with love! This easy fruit salad is one of the best side dishes or treats to make and the fruit can be substituted with what is in season, which makes it very cost effective as well.
Recipe from Sarah Roe of MoneySavingQueen.com
- 2 mangoes (skin removed & cubed)
- ½ cantaloupe (cubed)
- ¼ watermelon (cubed)
- 1 pint strawberries (washed & sliced)
- 2 kiwi (sliced)
- 2 tbs dry vanilla pudding mix
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- Wash and cube or slice all of your fruit. If you want to get creative, use cookie cutters or a melon baller to jazz the salad up a bit. And, remember, you can substitute or add berries or other melons too. Make this salad all about you!
- Once the fruit is prepared, pour it into a big bowl and mix together. In a separate bowl, mix together powdered sugar and vanilla pudding mix.
- Pour the powdered mixture over your fruit and mix well. Start small when pouring and mixing the powdered sugar and pudding. Make sure it is well mixed before you add more. The more you add, the more sauce-like the salad will become, it is all about personal preference.
Mom is going to love this one and this kids will too!