Money-Saving DIY Game Day Decorations
In less than a month, there will be Super Bowl parties held everywhere. We have a few ways that you can save money while decorating for your “Big Game” party.
1. Make your own banner. Either use cardstock, decorative paper, or create your own background design using Paint or PicMonkey. Spell out “GO TEAM”, “SUPER BOWL”, or your team’s name. Cut out triangles, add string, and hang it on your wall.
2. Design your own coasters. Cut out photos of your favorite teams from the newspaper. Cut out shapes from cardboard to use as your coaster. Use Mod Podge to adhere the photos to the cardboard and then add another layer of Mod Podge on top to seal it in and prevent the colors from running when you put a beverage on top of it.
3. Draw a football field. Using craft paper, newspaper end roll, or gift wrap, draw a football field on it using markers or crayons to create a festive tablecloth.
4. Dress up your sweet treats. An easy way to dress up the desserts at your party is to cut out little pennants out of cardstock and attach them to toothpicks. Stick them into your cupcakes, cakes, and cookies for that game day feel.
5. Don’t forget the utensils. Present your utensils in cans that you’ve decorated using brown cardstock adorned with white laces to look like a football.
6. Keep score. If you want to keep your guests updated on the score without everyone having to crowd around the television, use a dry-erase board or chalkboard to show the current score.
7. Show your team spirit. Use a blank t-shirt and add your own embellishments to make your own festive team shirt. This is especially helpful if you’re not rooting for a particular team because then you can divide your design to showcase both teams!
8. Decorate baked goods. A super-easy way to accent your cupcakes is to take a sheet of football-themed scrapbook paper, cut a strip to fit around the cupcake, and then adhere the two ends together. Add the toothpick pennant from #4 and you have a game-winning cupcake!
9. Design your own pennant. If you want everyone to have their own pennant to hold up, use a dowel, make a pennant out of cardstock, and attach it to the dowel. You can even have it as an activity for everyone to design their own pennant.
10. Create your own version of the foam finger. Make your own customized foam finger by decorating an oven mitt. You can get very creative with it by adding embellishments to it.
There are so many creative, fun, and inexpensive ways to decorate for your Super Bowl party. Check out the Football Game Day Ideas Pinterest board we created that shares just some of these ideas. Feel free to add your own ideas to the board!