Nighttime Ring Toss and Other DIY Party Games
I have been known to go over the board a little for my son’s birthday parties. Whether it was dressing up like Spider Man a few years ago or completing our Minecraft birthday party this year, I always like to take our birthday parties up a notch to be memorable for the kids! I even borrowed rope and jumped from the shed to our back deck decked out in my Spidey gear! This isn’t work to a mom who loves to be creative, and while other friends may poke fun at my extravagance, I can’t help but admit that I’d rather plan childrens’ parties than clean my house!
Along with creative parties you always have games, and the majority of the time, my husband and I create these games. Whether it was “Pin the Tail on Humungousaur,” where my husband actually hand drew the entire Ben Ten creature and made all the tails, or whether it was a heart toss game I made for my son’s school Valentine’s Day party- we are DIY party game people!
I love glow-in-the-dark games, and you can read my full post about Glow-In-The-Dark Easter Eggs! Hubby and I decided to piggyback off this idea to create this Glow-In-The-Dark Ring Toss game! It was so simple to make!
You will need the following materials:
- (1) ¼-½ inch thick dowel rod
- (2) 4”x4” pieces of wood
- (1-2) packages of glow in the dark bracelets. (I purchased mine in the dollar bins at Target).
- 1 can of glow-in-the-dark paint
1. Drill a hole in the center of each 4”x4” piece of wood the same width as your dowel rod.
2. Cut (2) 12” pieces of dowel rod and secure these into the 4”x4” pieces of wood with wood glue.
3. If you want, you can paint the ring toss base in any color, but glow-in-the-dark paint would be the best!
4. Assemble bracelets and start playing!
Here are some links to some other awesome DIY Party Games we’ve found and pinned to our Pinterest Party Ideas board!