Southwest Macaroni and Cheese
Add a Mexican twist to homemade mac and cheese. This delicious recipe with a simple sauce is perfect for any home chef with any skill level. Spice up your next mac and cheese night!
Recipe from Erin Chase of $5 Dinners
- 1 pound elbow macaroni noodles
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 10 ounce can of Rotel diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 2 cups cooked black beans, or 15 ounce can black beans
- 15 ounce can corn
- 2 cups Mexican blend cheese, or Pepper Jack cheese blend, divided
- Cook the pasta noodles as directed. Drain.
- In the same pot, stir together the sour cream, Rotel diced tomatoes, black beans, and corn together. Then, add the drained noodles back into the sauce.
- Stir in about 1 1/2 cups of the shredded cheese. Use the remaining cheese as a topping for each serving.
- Serve warm.