Strawberry Spinach Quinoa Salad
Jump on the quinoa bandwagon and try this light, yet filling salad. Quinoa is packed with protein, plus it’s a great gluten free alternative to pasta.
Recipe from Erin Chase of $5 Dinners
- 2 cups white quinoa
- 6 large strawberries, hulled and chopped
- 2 handfuls fresh baby spinach, chopped
- About 1/4 to 1/3 cup chopped or slivered almonds
- Dressing drizzle – balsamic vinaigrette, poppyseed, or other sweet vinaigrette dressing
- Cook the quinoa according to package directions. Cool for at least 2 hours in the fridge.
- When ready to serve, mix together the chilled quinoa, strawberries, chopped spinach and almonds. Drizzle the dressing over the top.
- Serve chilled as main dish, or side dish.