Valentine’s Day Recipes for Kids
My favorite thing to do on Valentine’s Day that really doesn’t cost anything is to create a special meal at home. Light some candles and put out a pretty tablecloth and you’ve created a special atmosphere without spending a fortune.
But remember that Valentine’s Day is not just for grown-ups. The little ones in our lives who have stolen our hearts enjoy a special meal as much as the adults.
The best thing that I can suggest for you is get a heart shaped cookie cutter. Trust me on this one; it will go a long way. In fact, you might even decide on getting a few different sizes for even more sweetheart fun! You will be able to use the cutters in a variety of ways throughout the day making each meal special. I suggest thinking outside the box; these don’t have to be used just on cookies.
One of my favorite things to do is start the day off with a special breakfast.
Egg in a hole is an old favorite recipe that many are already familiar with. Now go ahead and use your heart shaped cookie cutter to create a lovely new look out of an old recipe that your kids are sure to love!
Egg in a Heart Directions
- Butter both sides of a slice of bread.
- Use your heart shaped cookie cutter to cut out a heart from the middle.
- Place the slice of bread in a heated pan and crack and egg into the heart hole.
- I also cook the heart cutout pieces of bread at the same time.
- Salt & pepper to your liking and cook for about 2 minutes. Flip and cook for another two minutes until it looks done.
This is a super easy and special way to start their Valentine’s Day. You could also serve this up with some heart shaped fruit you’ve used your cutters to make or a pink smoothie.
Don’t stop with breakfast. You could make a heart shaped lunch or dinner easily as well. Just have fun with it!