The Valpak Victory Dance Sweepstakes
The Valpak Victory Dance Sweepstakes
OFFICIAL SWEEPSTAKES RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
NO PURCHASE, PAYMENT OR SUBMISSION TO SALES PRESENTATIONS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. YOU HAVE NOT YET WON. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. SPONSOR: The Valpak Victory Dance Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is sponsored by Valpak Direct Marketing Systems, Inc. 8605 Largo Lakes Dr., Largo FL 33773 (“Valpak” or “Sponsor”).
2. AGREEMENT TO THE OFFICIAL RULES: By participating in the Sweepstakes, all entrants fully and unconditionally agree to and accept these Official Rules and the Sponsor’s decisions which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning the prizes (described below) is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
3. ELIGIBILITY: Subject to the additional limitations set forth below, the Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are eighteen (18) years of age or older, or the age of majority in their state of residence, whichever is older at time of entry. Sweepstakes is not open to employees of Sponsor or any of its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, franchisees and advertising or promotional agencies, or to the immediate family members of, or to any persons domiciled with, any such employees. For purposes of the Sweepstakes, “immediate family members” are defined as spouses, children, siblings, parents, grandparents and grandchildren.
4. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: Sweepstakes begins February 2, 2014 at 12:01 a.m. EST and ends February 10, 2014 at 9:00 a.m. EST. The Sweepstakes computer, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, is the official time keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
5. ELIGIBILITY: Legal residents of the 50 United States, and the District of Columbia, who are 18 years of age (or the age of majority in their place of residence, whichever is older) or older are eligible to enter, except employees of Sponsor, and any other organizations affiliated with the sponsorship, fulfillment, administration, prize support, advertisement or promotion and/or their respective agents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and members of their immediate families or persons residing at the same address.
6. ENTRY: During the Sweepstakes Period, use the Instagram application on your mobile device and upload an original video of your best victory dance to your Instagram account. In order for your entry to be validated, your Instagram profile settings must be public. Sweepstakes video entries must be hashtagged with #VictoryPak and tag @ValpakCoupons to be entered. Failure to comply with entry requirements may result in disqualification.
Videos must comply with Instagram size and format guidelines. Incomplete or inaccurate online entries are void. By successfully transmitting a completed video as directed, you will be entered in the Sweepstakes. Sweepstakes may only be entered online through Instagram. No other method of entry will be accepted. Limit one entry per person. Entries in excess of the stated limit will be void. Entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
Entries (i) must be the original and sole creation of the submitting entrant, and all right, title and interest including but not limited to the copyright in any Entry, must be owned solely by the submitting entrant; (ii) may not have been submitted in any other competition, (iii) may not have been published; (iv) may not infringe upon any third party’s rights, including but not limited to, copyright, patent or trademark, or rights of privacy or publicity, or contain material that is or may be considered defamatory, slanderous or libelous, or portray or depict any person, product or entity in a false light; (v) may not violate any law, rule or regulation; (vi) may not contain any virus, bugs, or other deleterious material; and (vii) may not contain inappropriate content, for example but not limited to, profanity, defamatory statements, words or symbols widely considered offensive to individuals of any certain race, ethnicity, religious, sexual orientation or socioeconomic groups, threats to any person, place, business, or group. Each entrant warrants and represents that his/her Entry complies with all of those conditions. Any non-complying Entry will subject the entrant to disqualification in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Except where prohibited by law, entry constitutes permission and a license to use entrant’s submission on any and all media now known or hereafter created, including but not limited to Sponsor’s web sites including Sponsor’s third party social media web sites (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Vine, etc.).
7. ODDS: Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible Entries received during the Sweepstakes Period.
8. WINNER SELECTION, NOTIFICATION AND ACCEPTANCE: Three Prize Winners will be selected through public voting on Instagram. The entrant with the highest number of valid “likes” as of February 10, 2014 at 9:00 a.m. EST will be deemed the Provisional First Prize Winner (subject to verification). The entrant with the second highest number of valid “likes” as of February 10, 2014 at 9:00 a.m. EST will be deemed the Provisional Second Prize Winner (subject to verification). The entrant with the third highest number of valid “likes” as of February 10, 2014 at 9:00 a.m. EST will be deemed the Provisional Third Prize Winner (subject to verification). In the event of a tie, Sponsor will conduct a random drawing among the tied entries to select the winner. In the event a potential winner is disqualified, he/she shall forfeit his/her prize and the entrant with the next highest number of “likes” will be selected as a Provisional Winner. Being named a Provisional Winner is subject to validation and verification of eligibility and compliance with all terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules.
Voting is limited to one (1) vote per person/authorized e-mail account holder. Offers to pay for votes or offers of like-kind exchanges are NOT permissible. Use of third-party websites, online social networking tools, or similar devices primarily designed or intended to generate or trade votes, as determined in Sponsor and Administrator’s sole discretion, is expressly prohibited. Use of personal social media accounts, blogs and websites to direct participants to voting site is permissible. Sponsor reserves the right to select fewer winners if the quality or quantity of eligible Entries is insufficient.
The Sponsor will attempt to contact the selected Provisional Winners using Instagram’s direct messaging feature during regular business hours (9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. (EST)). The Provisional Winners must respond to the direct message within twenty-four hours and must provide the information requested by Sponsor in the direct message. If a Provisional Winner fails to respond to Sponsor’s direct message within this timeframe, that Prize Provisional Winner will be disqualified and a substitute Provisional Winner will be selected from among the remaining eligible entries using the process set forth above. The first eligible Prize Provisional Winners that the Sponsor successfully contacts and who claims the respective Prize in accordance with these Official Rules will be declared the respective Prize Winner.
A Prize Winner may waive the right to receive a prize. Unless prohibited by law, acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for the Sponsor and its advertising and promotional agencies to use the Prize Winner’s name, address (city and state) and/or likeness for any commercial, publicity or promotional purposes without further notice, compensation, review or approval, worldwide and in perpetuity, in any and all forms of media, now known and hereafter devised, including without limitation the Internet. In addition, the winners’ video may be featured and run as an advertisement for Sponsor through any media including the Sponsor’s website, online, social media, or on television. Winners may be required to sign an affidavit and release.
A PARTICIPANT IS NOT A WINNER OF A PRIZE UNLESS AND UNTIL SPONSOR HAS COMPLETED ITS VERIFICATION OF PARTICIPANT’S ELIGIBILITY AND COMPLIANCE WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
- One (1) First Prize – First Prize Winner receives a $200 gift card.
- One (1) Second Prize – Second Prize Winner receives a $100 gift card.
- One (1) Third Prize – Third Prize Winner receives a $50 gift card.
Approximate Retail Value (ARV) of all Prizes is $350. Gift cards are subject to issuer’s terms and conditions. Any difference between the stated ARV and actual value, if any, will not be awarded. All federal, state and local taxes and all other costs and expenses associated with the acceptance and use of a prize not specifically set forth herein as being provided is the responsibility of the winners.
10. RELEASE: By participating in the Sweepstakes, each participant agrees to fully release, forever discharge and hold harmless Sponsor, Instagram, LLC, their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and franchisees, and the officers, directors, employees, agents, representatives and successors and assigns of all of the foregoing companies (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Entities”) from and against any claims, costs, liabilities, losses, injuries and damages arising out of the Sweepstakes, including, but not limited to, any claims for personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, loss of enjoyment, or any other harm whatsoever arising out of: (1) participation in the Sweepstakes; (2) the quality, receipt, possession, use, or misuse of any prize; or (3) any travel or activity that is related to the Sweepstakes or any prize.
11. DISCLAIMERS OF LIABILITY: By entering, participants acknowledge and agree that the Sweepstakes Entities will not be liable for losses or injuries of any kind resulting from acceptance/possession/use and/or misuse of prize(s), the theft of prizes or mail, travel to and from or participation in any prize-related activity, participation in the Sweepstakes, printing, mailing or distribution errors, or any malfunctions of the telephone network, computer Internet system, computer dating mechanism, computer equipment, software, or any combination thereof, or for any entries that are late (including delayed data transmissions), tampered with, garbled, incomplete, misdirected, lost, postage-due, forged, illegible, inaudible, mutilated, mechanically duplicated, mass machine printed, or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules. Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible or liable for any injury or damage to any participant’s or third person’s computer and/or its contents, related to or resulting from the Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right to terminate, suspend or modify the Sweepstakes if, in its sole discretion, it determines that for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as originally planned, or fraud, technical failures, printing, mailing or distribution errors, or any other unanticipated causes or occurrences have compromised the fairness or integrity of the Sweepstakes. In the event the Sweepstakes is terminated prior to the stated end date, Sponsor reserves the right to award all prizes in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received as of the date of termination. BY ENTERING, PARTICIPANTS FURTHER ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING THE WEBSITES, ENTRY PAGES AND THE PRIZE(S), ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND THAT TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS REGARDING THE PRIZES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR OR GENERAL USE OR PURPOSE. Sponsor will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials or announcements relating to the Sweepstakes.
12. DISPUTE RESOLUTION: Except where prohibited, by participating Sweepstakes entrants agree that: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of participant(s) and Sponsor and its agents shall be governed by and construed exclusively in accordance with the laws of the State of Florida, USA without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law of any jurisdiction. Entrant agrees that any action at law or in equity arising out of or relating to this Sweepstakes, or awarding of the prizes, shall be filed only in the state or federal courts located in Florida and entrant hereby consents and submits to the personal jurisdiction of such courts for the purposes of litigating any such action. Except where prohibited, by participating in this Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or awarding of the prizes, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with participating in this Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will any participant be permitted to obtain awards for and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitations or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the above may not apply to you. In the event of a dispute in connection with the identity of the individual who submitted an online entry, the entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the email account associated with the online entry, provided that such person satisfies all other Sweepstakes eligibility requirements. The authorized account holder is deemed to be the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, service provider, or other online organization that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
13. SWEEPSTAKES MAIL OPT-OUT REQUEST/WINNERS LIST: To request the name and hometown of the Prize Winners (available after March 21, 2014) or a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped business-size envelope to The Valpak Victory Dance Sweepstakes, P.O. Box 13428, St. Petersburg, Florida 33733, Attn: Promotions Department. Indicate whether you are requesting the name of the Grand Prize Winner, or a copy of these Official Rules, or any combination of the foregoing. Residents of Vermont may omit return postage for rules. If you no longer wish to receive mailings for sweepstakes sponsored by Valpak, write to 8605 Largo Lakes Drive, Largo, FL 33773 – Attn: Sweepstakes Removal.