The Valpak® "Laugh It Up with $5000" Sweepstakes
OFFICIAL SWEEPSTAKES RULES
NO PURCHASE, PAYMENT OR SUBMISSION TO SALES PRESENTATIONS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- SPONSOR: The Valpak "Laugh It Up with $5000" Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes") is sponsored by Valpak Direct Marketing Systems, Inc. ("Valpak") ("Sponsor").
- HOW TO ENTER AND PLAY: The Sweepstakes will begin at 12:01 a.m. (ET) on August 18, 2008 and end at 11:59:59 p.m. (ET) on October 10, 2008 (the "Sweepstakes Period"). Participants can enter online, by mail or by calling a toll-free telephone number. Entry limitations: Maximum of one (1) entry per person per day during the Sweepstakes Period, regardless of method of entry used. (1) To enter online, complete the Official Online Registration form at http://www.valpak.com by entering your first name, last name, street address, city, state, zip code, daytime phone number (where you can be reached during normal business hours), birth date and e-mail address. If you wish to submit more than one online entry during the Sweepstakes Period, you must also check the "opt-in" box to indicate your consent to receive email updates about special offers and savings available through Valpak.com®. Submit your entry by clicking on the "ENTER" button. No more than one (1) online entry per day may be registered from the same computer terminal. You may withdraw your consent to receive emails about special savings and offers from Valpak.com® at any time by emailing us at email@example.com and entering "Unsubscribe" into the subject line. If you unsubscribe or withdraw your consent to receive these marketing emails during the Sweepstakes Period, you will not be entitled to any further daily online entries for the remainder of the Sweepstakes Period. You may, however, continue to enter up to one (1) time per day using either the telephone or mail-in entry mechanism described below. (2) To enter by regular mail, cut-out and complete the registration form printed on the inside of your Valpak envelope, or hand-print on a 3"x5" piece of paper your name, address, city, state, zip code, daytime phone number (where you can be reached during normal business hours), and birth date. All mail-in entries must be mailed to Valpak, "Laugh It Up with $5000" Sweepstakes, P.O. Box 37, Fombell, PA 16123. (3) To enter by telephone, call toll-free during the Sweepstakes Period at 1-888-721-3221, follow all recorded instructions and register your entry by recording your first and last name, street address, city, state, zip, daytime phone number (where you can be reached during normal business hours), and birth date. No more than one (1) telephone entry per day may be registered from the same telephone number. No photocopies, mechanical reproductions, altered, illegible, garbled, inaudible, incomplete, mutilated, postage-due or forged entries will be accepted. All online and telephone entries must be received no later than 11:59:59 p.m. (ET) on October 10, 2008, and all mail-in entries must be postmarked by October 10, 2008 and received by October 16, 2008. All entries become the property of Sponsor and none will be returned. In the event of a dispute in connection with the identity of the individual who submitted an online entry, the entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail account identified on the online entry form. The authorized account holder is deemed to be the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, service provider, or other online organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
- ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are eighteen (18) years of age or older at time of entry. Sweepstakes is not open to employees of Sponsor, CBS Broadcasting Inc. or of their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, and advertising or promotional agencies, or to the immediate family members of, or to any persons domiciled with, any such employees. For purposes of the Sweepstakes, "immediate family members" include a participant's spouse, children, siblings, parents, grandparents and grandchildren.
- PRIZES & ODDS: One (1) Grand Prize Winner will be randomly selected from among all eligible entries to receive $5,000. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. The Grand Prize is non-assignable and nontransferable. Where applicable, the winner is solely responsible for payment of all taxes on the Grand Prize. The Grand Prize Winner shall be required to claim his or her prize by completing, signing and notarizing an affidavit of eligibility, a liability release and, except where prohibited by law, publicity release, which must be returned via mail or hand delivery within ten (10) business days of date of sender's postmark. Failure of the Grand Prize Winner to timely sign, notarize and return any required affidavit and release, or to claim his or her prize or comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules, will result in disqualification, the forfeiture of his or her interest in the prize, and the award of the prize to a substitute drawing winner to be randomly selected from all remaining eligible entries. The Winner must sign any other legal documents which Sponsor may require (including W9 tax forms). Non-compliance may result in disqualification and selection of a substitute winner at random from among all remaining entries.
- WINNER SELECTION, NOTIFICATION AND ACCEPTANCE: A random drawing from among all eligible entries received will be conducted during regular business hours on or about October 17, 2008 to select one (1) Grand Prize Winner. The drawing will be conducted as follows: one (1) Grand Prize Provisional Winner will be selected at random and Sponsor's fulfillment center will attempt to contact the selected Grand Prize Provisional Winner in person by telephone during regular business hours (9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. ET) using the telephone numbers provided on the entry form. If Sponsor's fulfillment center is unable to reach a Grand Prize Provisional Winner in person by telephone (Sponsor's fulfillment center may call only once and no messages will be left), that Grand Prize Provisional Winner will be disqualified and a substitute Grand Prize Provisional Winner will be randomly selected from the remaining eligible entries. The first eligible Grand Prize Provisional Winner that Sponsor's fulfillment center successfully contacts in person by telephone and who claims the Grand Prize in accordance with these Official Rules will be declared the final Grand Prize Winner. The Winner may waive the right to receive a prize. The return of any prize, Winner's affidavit/release or prize notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification, the forfeiture of all interest in the prize, and selection of a substitute Winner from among all remaining eligible entries. Unless prohibited by law, acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for the Sponsor and its agencies to use the Winner's name, address (city and state) and/or likeness for advertising and trade purposes without further compensation, worldwide and in perpetuity, in any and all forms of media, now known and hereafter devised, including without limitation the Internet.
- CONDITIONS: By entering, participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor and Sweepstakes judges appointed by Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Any person attempting to defraud or in any way tamper with this Sweepstakes will be ineligible for prizes and may be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.
- DISCLAMERS: By entering, participants acknowledge and agree that the Sponsor, CBS Broadcasting Inc., and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, franchisees and the officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives of each of the foregoing companies (collectively, the "Sweepstakes Entities"), will not be liable for losses or injuries of any kind resulting from acceptance/possession/use and/or misuse of prize(s), travel to and from any prize-related activity, participation in the Sweepstakes, printing, mailing or distribution errors, or any malfunctions of the telephone network, computer Internet system, computer dating mechanism, computer equipment, software, or any combination thereof, or for any entries that are late (including delayed data transmissions), tampered with, garbled, incomplete, misdirected, lost, postage-due, forged, illegible, inaudible, mutilated, mechanically duplicated, mass machine printed, or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules. Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible or liable for any injury or damage to any participant's or third person's computer and/or its contents, related to or resulting from Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right to terminate, suspend or modify the Sweepstakes if, at its sole discretion, it determines that for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as originally planned, or fraud, technical failures, printing, mailing or distribution errors, or any other unanticipated causes or occurrences have compromised the fairness or integrity of the Sweepstakes. In the event the Sweepstakes is terminated prior to the stated end date, Sponsor reserves the right to award the Grand Prize in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received as of the date of termination.
- SWEEPSTAKES MAIL OPT-OUT REQUEST/WINNERS' LIST: For the name and hometown of the Grand Prize Winner (available after November 28, 2008), an official mail-in entry form and/or a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped business-size envelope to Valpak "Laugh It Up with $5000" Sweepstakes," P.O. Box 13428, St. Petersburg, Florida 33733, Attn: Promotions Department. Indicate whether you are requesting the name of the Winner, an entry form or a copy of Official Rules or any combination of the foregoing. Residents of Vermont may omit return postage. To prevent delivery of future sweepstakes and contest mailings sponsored and operated by Valpak, please call the Valpak Sweepstakes Line at 1-888-797-1896 and follow the recorded instructions.