The Valpak® "Great Grocery Giveaway" Sweepstakes
OFFICIAL SWEEPSTAKES RULES
NO PURCHASE, PAYMENT OR SUBMISSION TO SALES PRESENTATIONS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
- SPONSOR: Valpak's "Great Grocery Giveaway" Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes") is sponsored by Valpak Direct Marketing Systems, Inc. ("Valpak") ("Sponsor").
- ELIGIBILITY: Subject to the additional limitations set forth below, the Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are eighteen (18) years of age or older, or the age of majority in their state of residence, whichever is older, at time of entry. The Sweepstakes is not open to employees of Sponsor, Organize.com, Inc. or any of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, and advertising or promotional agencies, or to the immediate family members of, or to any persons domiciled with, any such employees (collectively, the "Sweepstakes Entities"). For purposes of the Sweepstakes, "immediate family members" are defined as spouses, children, siblings, parents, grandparents and grandchildren.
- HOW TO ENTER THE SWEEPSTAKES: The Sweepstakes will begin at 12:00:01 a.m. (ET) on September 21, 2009 and end at 11:59:59 p.m. (ET) on November 6, 2009 (the "Sweepstakes Period"). The Sweepstakes will consist of a random Grand Prize and First Prize drawing ("Prize Drawings") and an instant win component ("Instant Win"). In the Prize Drawings, as described in (a), below, Sponsor will select one (1) Grand Prize Winner to receive five thousand dollars ($5000) which can be used to buy groceries and one (1) First Prize Winner to receive a five hundred dollar ($500) gift certificate/e-card to be used for shopping on Organize.com. In the Instant Win, as described in (b) below, a one hundred dollar ($100) check will be randomly inserted into ten (10) specially marked Valpak envelopes mailed during the Sweepstakes Period.
- How to Enter the Prize Drawings: Participants can enter the Prize Drawings via an online method only. Maximum of one (1) entry per person, per day for the Sweepstakes portion during the Sweepstakes Period, except that entrants may receive additional entries into the Sweepstakes by following the instructions in paragraph 4, below. To enter the Sweepstakes online, complete the Official Online Registration form at http://www.valpak.com by entering your first name, last name, street address, city, state, zip code, daytime phone number (where you can be reached during normal business hours), mobile phone number (optional), birth date and e-mail address. If you wish to submit more than one online entry during the Sweepstakes Period, you must also check the "opt-in" box to indicate your consent to receive email updates to your email account about special offers and savings available through Valpak.com. Submit your entry by clicking on the "ENTER" button. Only one (1) online entry per day via the Official Online Registration form may be registered from the same person, except that additional online entries may be obtained during the same day by following the instructions in paragraph 4 below. You may withdraw your consent to receive these emails about special savings and offers from Valpak.com at any time by emailing us at email@example.com and entering "Unsubscribe" into the subject line. If you unsubscribe or withdraw your consent to receive these marketing emails during the Sweepstakes Period, you will not be entitled to any further daily online entries for the remainder of the Sweepstakes Period. All entries become the property of Sponsor and none will be returned. In the event of a dispute in connection with the identity of the individual who submitted an online entry, the entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail account identified on the online entry form. The authorized account holder is deemed to be the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, service provider, or other online organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Multiple daily entries submitted by the same person, except as provided in paragraph 4 below, will be disqualified.
- Instant Win: Residents of households that receive specially-marked Valpak envelopes distributed between September 21, 2009 and October 16, 2009 will have a chance to receive a one hundred dollar ($100) check ("Instant Win Prize"). A one hundred dollar ($100) check will be randomly inserted in ten (10) specially-marked Valpak envelopes distributed between September 21, 2009 and October 16, 2009. The odds that a specially-marked Valpak envelope will contain an Instant Win Prize will vary by market area but in no event will be less favorable than approximately 1 in 4,044,000.
- ADDITIONAL ENTRIES FOR THE PRIZE DRAWINGS: Individuals can receive additional entries by becoming a Valpak.com exclusives member or by referring a friend to the Promotion (the "Refer A Friend"). Becoming a Valpak.com exclusives member and Refer A Friend is not required to enter the Sweepstakes. To receive additional entries, follow the instructions below. Become a Valpak.com Exclusives Member: To receive one additional entry into the Sweepstakes during the Sweepstakes Period, provided you are currently not subscribed to receive additional information from Valpak.com, check the box on the registration form that says, "Yes, please send me information on new offers and savings from Valpak.com." You may only receive one (1) additional entry for the entire Sweepstakes Period by becoming a Valpak.com Exclusives member. Refer A Friend: After completing the registration form, you can provide up to five (5) unique, valid names and email addresses of persons that you have an existing relationship and that are at least eighteen (18) years old. You must also confirm that you have received permission from each such person to provide their contact information by checking the appropriate consent box. Sponsor will send an email on your behalf advising the recipient about the Promotion. You will receive one (1) additional Sweepstakes entry for every unique, separate valid email address that you provide, up to a maximum of five (5) entries per day. False or fictitious names and invalid email addresses will not be eligible for additional entries and providing false or fictitious names and invalid email addresses may be grounds for disqualification from the Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to determine whether or not additional entries shall be issued in connection with names and email addresses provided here under.
- PRIZES & ODDS:
- Grand Prize and First Prize: One (1) Grand Prize Winner will be randomly selected from among all eligible entries to receive a check for $5,000 ("Grand Prize"), which can be used towards the purchase of groceries. One (1) First Prize Winner will receive a $500 gift certificate/e-gift card ("First Prize") to be used for shopping on Organize.com. Additional terms may apply to the First Prize. The odds of winning either prize depend on the number of eligible entries received. The Prizes are non-assignable and nontransferable. Where applicable, winners are solely responsible for payment of all taxes on prize and for any costs incurred in claiming or using prize. The Winners shall be required to claim his or her prizes by completing, signing and notarizing an affidavit of eligibility, a liability release and, except where prohibited by law, publicity release, which must be returned via mail or hand delivery within ten (10) business days of date of sender's postmark. Failure of a winner to timely sign, notarize and return any required affidavit and release, or to claim his or her prize or comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules, will result in disqualification, the forfeiture of his or her interest in the prize, and the award of the prize to a substitute drawing winner to be randomly selected from all remaining eligible entries. The Winner must sign any other legal documents which Sponsor may require (including W9 tax forms). Non-compliance may result in disqualification and selection of a substitute winner at random from among all remaining eligible entries.
- Instant Win Prize: Ten (10) Instant Winners will receive a one hundred dollar ($100) check. Instant Win checks will be randomly inserted in specially marked Valpak envelopes distributed between September 21, 2009 and November 6, 2009. The odds that a specially-marked Valpak envelope will contain an Instant Win Prize are approximately 1 in 4,044,000. The total value of the Instant Win Prizes is one thousand dollars ($1,000).
- WINNER SELECTION, NOTIFICATION AND ACCEPTANCE: A random drawing from among all eligible entries received will be conducted during regular business hours on or about November 13, 2009 to select one (1) Grand Prize Winner and (1) First Prize Winner. The drawing will be conducted as follows: one (1) Grand Prize Provisional Winner and one (1) First Prize Provisional Winner will be selected at random and Sponsor's fulfillment center will attempt to contact the selected Provisional Winner in person by telephone during regular business hours (9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. ET) using the telephone number provided on the Provisional Winner's entry form. If Sponsor's fulfillment center is unable to reach the Provisional Winner in person by telephone (Sponsor's fulfillment center will attempt to reach Provisional Winner up to three (3) times during a twenty-four hour period and no messages will be left), that Provisional Winner will be disqualified and a substitute Provisional Winner for the particular prize in question will be randomly selected from among the remaining eligible entries. The first eligible Grand Prize Provisional Winner and First Prize Provisional Winner that the Sponsor successfully contacts personally by telephone and who claims the Grand Prize and First Prize in accordance with these Official Rules will be declared the Grand Prize Winner and the First Prize Winner. The Winner may waive the right to receive a prize. The return of any prize, affidavit/release or prize notification as undeliverable, or a Grand Prize Winner's or First Prize Winner's failure to otherwise comply with these Official Rules will result in disqualification, the forfeiture of all interest in the prize, and selection of a substitute Provisional Winner for that particular prize from among all remaining eligible entries.
- CONDITIONS: By entering, participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor and Sweepstakes judges appointed by Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Any person attempting to defraud or in any way tamper with this Sweepstakes will be ineligible for prizes and may be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. Unless prohibited by law, acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for the Sponsor and its respective advertising and promotional agencies, to use each winner's name, address (city and state) and/or likeness for advertising and trade purposes without further compensation, worldwide and in perpetuity, in any and all forms of media, now known and hereafter devised, including without limitation the Internet.
- DISCLAIMERS: By entering, participants acknowledge and agree that the Sweepstakes Entities will not be liable for losses or injuries of any kind resulting from acceptance/possession/use and/or misuse of prize(s), the theft of prizes or mail, travel to and from any prize-related activity, participation in the Valpak Sweepstakes, printing, mailing or distribution errors, or any malfunctions of the telephone network, computer Internet system, computer dating mechanism, computer equipment, software, or any combination thereof, or for any entries that are late (including delayed data transmissions), tampered with, garbled, incomplete, misdirected, lost, postage-due, forged, illegible, inaudible, mutilated, mechanically duplicated, mass machine printed, or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules. Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible or liable for any injury or damage to any participant's or third person's computer and/or its contents, related to or resulting from the Valpak Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right to terminate, suspend or modify the Promotion if, in its sole discretion, it determines that for any reason the Valpak Sweepstakes is not capable of running as originally planned, or fraud, technical failures, printing, mailing or distribution errors, or any other unanticipated causes or occurrences have compromised the fairness or integrity of the Valpak Sweepstakes. In the event the Valpak Sweepstakes is terminated prior to the stated end date, Sponsor reserves the right to award all prizes in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received as of the date of termination.
- SWEEPSTAKES WINNERS' LIST: For the name and hometown of the Grand Prize and First Prize Winners (available after December 13, 2009) or a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped business-size envelope to Valpak's "Great Grocery Giveaway" Sweepstakes, P.O. Box 13428, St. Petersburg, Florida 33733, Attn: Promotions Department. Residents of Vermont may omit return postage. Indicate whether you are requesting the name of the Winner or a copy of Official Rules or any combination of the foregoing. To prevent delivery of future sweepstakes and contest mailings sponsored and operated by Valpak, please write to 8605 Largo Lakes Drive, Largo, FL 33773 - Attn: Sweepstakes Removal.