Valpak's "$5,000 For Your Home" Sweepstakes
OFFICIAL SWEEPSTAKES RULES
NO PURCHASE, PAYMENT OR SUBMISSION TO SALES PRESENTATIONS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. YOU HAVE NOT YET WON. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- SPONSOR: Valpak's "$5,000 For Your Home" Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes") is sponsored by Valpak Direct Marketing Systems, Inc. ("Sponsor").
- HOW TO ENTER: The Sweepstakes will begin at 12:01 a.m. (ET) on March 29, 2010 and end at 11:59:59 p.m. (ET) on May 14, 2010 (the "Sweepstakes Period"). Participants can enter online or by mail. Entry limitations: Maximum of one (1) entry per person, per day for the Sweepstakes portion during the Sweepstakes Period, except that online entrants may receive additional entries into the Sweepstakes by following the instructions in paragraph 4, below. To enter online, complete the Official Online Registration form at http://www.valpak.com or http://apps.facebook.com/valpaksweepstakes/ by entering your first name, last name, street address, city, state, zip code, daytime phone number (where you can be reached during normal business hours), mobile phone number (optional), birth date and e-mail address. Please note that this Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Any questions regarding this Sweepstakes should be directed to Sponsor and not to Facebook. If you wish to submit more than one online entry during the Sweepstakes Period, you must also check the "opt-in" box to indicate your consent to receive email updates about special offers and savings available through Valpak.com. Submit your entry by clicking on the "ENTER" button. Only one (1) online entry per day via the Official Online Registration form may be registered from the same person, except that additional online entries may be obtained during the same day by following the instructions in paragraph 4 below. You may withdraw your consent to receive these emails about special savings and offers from Valpak.com at any time by emailing us at email@example.com and entering "Unsubscribe" into the subject line. If you unsubscribe or withdraw your consent to receive these marketing emails during the Sweepstakes Period, you will not be entitled to any further daily online entries for the remainder of the Sweepstakes Period. You may, however, continue to enter up to one (1) time per day using the mail-in entry mechanism. To enter by regular mail, cut-out and complete the registration form printed on the inside of your Valpak envelope, or hand-print on a 3"x5" piece of paper your name, address, city, state, zip code, daytime phone number (where you can be reached during normal business hours), and birth date. All mail-in entries must be mailed to Valpak's "$5,000 For Your Home" Sweepstakes, P.O. Box 37, Fombell, PA 16123. No photocopies, mechanical reproductions, altered, illegible, garbled, incomplete, mutilated, postage-due or forged entries will be accepted. All online entries must be received no later than 11:59:59 p.m. (ET) on May 14, 2010, and all mail-in entries must be postmarked by May 14, 2010, and received by May 20, 2010. All entries become the property of Sponsor and none will be returned. In the event of a dispute in connection with the identity of the individual who submitted an online entry, the entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the email account identified on the online entry form. The authorized account holder is deemed to be the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, service provider, or other online organization that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
- ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are eighteen (18) years of age or older, or the age of majority in their state of residence, whichever is older, at time of entry. The Sweepstakes is not open to employees of Sponsor, Scripps Networks, LLC, Facebook ("Sweepstakes Entities") or any of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, and advertising or promotional agencies, or to the immediate family members of, or to any persons domiciled with, any such employees. For purposes of the Sweepstakes, "immediate family members" are defined as spouses, children, siblings, parents, grandparents and grandchildren.
- ADDITIONAL ENTRIES FOR THE PRIZE DRAWINGS: Individuals can receive additional entries for the Sweepstakes by entering online at http://www.valpak.com or http://apps.facebook.com/valpaksweepstakes/ and becoming a Valpak.com exclusives member or by referring a friend to the Promotion (the "Refer A Friend"). Becoming a Valpak.com exclusives member and Refer A Friend is not required to enter the Sweepstakes. To receive additional entries, follow the instructions below. Become a Valpak.com Exclusives Member: To receive one additional entry into the Sweepstakes during the Sweepstakes Period, provided you are currently not subscribed to receive additional information from Valpak.com, check the box on the registration form that says, "Yes, please send me information on new offers and savings from Valpak.com." You may only receive one (1) additional entry for the entire Sweepstakes Period by becoming a Valpak.com Exclusives member. Refer A Friend: After completing the Official Online registration form referred to in Section 2, you can provide up to five (5) unique, valid email addresses of persons that you have an existing relationship with, who are legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia and who have reached the age of majority in their state of residence. You must also obtain consent from each such person before providing their contact information. Sponsor will send an email on your behalf advising the recipient about the Promotion. You will receive one (1) additional Sweepstakes entry for every unique, separate, valid email address that you provide, up to a maximum of five (5) entries per day. False or fictitious names and invalid email addresses will not be eligible for additional entries and providing false or fictitious names and invalid email addresses may be grounds for disqualification from the Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to determine whether or not additional entries shall be issued in connection with names and email addresses provided hereunder.
- PRIZES & ODDS: One (1) Grand Prize Winner will be randomly selected from among all eligible entries to receive a check for $5,000 (the "Grand Prize"). Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. The Grand Prize is non-assignable and nontransferable. Where applicable, the Grand Prize Winner is solely responsible for payment of all taxes on the Grand Prize. Any costs or expenses incurred by the Grand Prize Winner in claiming or using his/her prize will be the responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner. The Grand Prize Winner shall be required to claim his or her prize by completing, signing and notarizing an affidavit of eligibility, a liability release and, except where prohibited by law, publicity release, which must be returned via mail or hand delivery within ten (10) business days of date of sender's postmark. Failure of the Grand Prize Winner to timely sign, notarize and return any required affidavit and release, or to claim his or her prize or comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules, will result in disqualification, the forfeiture of his or her interest in the prize, and the award of the prize to a substitute Grand Prize Winner to be randomly selected from all remaining eligible entries. The Grand Prize Winner must sign any other legal documents which Sponsor may require (including W9 tax forms). Non-compliance may result in disqualification and selection of a substitute Grand Prize Winner at random from among all remaining entries.
- WINNER SELECTION, NOTIFICATION AND ACCEPTANCE: A random drawing from among all eligible entries received will be conducted during regular business hours on or about May 21, 2010, to select one (1) Grand Prize Winner. The drawing will be conducted as follows: one (1) Grand Prize Provisional Winner will be selected at random and Sponsor's fulfillment center will attempt to contact the selected Grand Prize Provisional Winner in person by telephone during regular business hours (9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.) using the telephone numbers provided on the entry form. If Sponsor's fulfillment center is unable to reach a Grand Prize Provisional Winner in person (Sponsor's fulfillment center will attempt to reach Provisional Winner up to three (3) times during a twenty-four hour period and no messages will be left), that Grand Prize Provisional Winner will be disqualified and a substitute Grand Prize Provisional Winner will be randomly selected from the remaining eligible entries. The first eligible Grand Prize Provisional Winner that Sponsor's fulfillment center successfully contacts in person by telephone and who claims the Grand Prize in accordance with these Official Rules will be declared the final Grand Prize Winner. The Grand Prize Winner may waive the right to receive a prize. The return of any prize, the Grand Prize Winner's affidavit/release or prize notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification, the forfeiture of all interest in the Grand Prize, and selection of a substitute Grand Prize Winner from among all remaining eligible entries. Unless prohibited by law, acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for the Sponsor and its agencies to use the Grand Prize Winner's name, address (city and state) and/or likeness for advertising and trade purposes without further compensation, worldwide and in perpetuity, in any and all forms of media, now known and hereafter devised, including without limitation the Internet.
- CONDITIONS: By entering, participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor and Sweepstakes judges appointed by Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Any person attempting to defraud or in any way tamper with this Sweepstakes will be ineligible for prizes and may be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.
- DISCLAIMERS: By entering, participants acknowledge and agree that the Sponsor, Scripps Networks, LLC, Facebook, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, franchisees and the officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives of each of the foregoing companies (collectively, the "Sweepstakes Entities"), will not be liable for losses or injuries of any kind resulting from acceptance/possession/use and/or misuse of prize(s), travel to and from any prize-related activity, participation in the Sweepstakes, printing, mailing or distribution errors, or any malfunctions of the telephone network, computer Internet system, computer dating mechanism, computer equipment, software, or any combination thereof, or for any entries that are late (including delayed data transmissions), tampered with, garbled, incomplete, misdirected, lost, postage-due, forged, illegible, inaudible, mutilated, mechanically duplicated, mass machine printed, or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules. Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible or liable for any injury or damage to any participant's or third person's computer and/or its contents, related to or resulting from Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right to terminate, suspend or modify the Sweepstakes if, at its sole discretion, it determines that for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as originally planned, or fraud, technical failures, printing, mailing or distribution errors, or any other unanticipated causes or occurrences have compromised the fairness or integrity of the Sweepstakes. In the event the Sweepstakes is terminated prior to the stated end date, Sponsor reserves the right to award the Grand Prize in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received as of the date of termination. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS REGARDING THE PRIZES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR OR GENERAL USE OR PURPOSE.
- SWEEPSTAKES MAIL OPT-OUT REQUEST/WINNERS' LIST: For the name and hometown of the Grand Prize Winner (available after July 2, 2010), an official mail-in entry form and/or a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped business-size envelope to Valpak's "$5,000 For Your Home" Sweepstakes, P.O. Box 13428, St. Petersburg, Florida 33733, Attn: Promotions Department. Indicate whether you are requesting the name of the Winner, an entry blank or a copy of Official Rules or any combination of the foregoing. Residents of Vermont may omit return postage. To prevent delivery of future sweepstakes and contest mailings sponsored and operated by Valpak, please write to 8605 Largo Lakes Drive, Largo, FL 33773 - Attn: Sweepstakes Removal.