The Valpak "Get Away For Less" Sweepstakes
OFFICIAL SWEEPSTAKES RULES
NO PURCHASE, PAYMENT OR SUBMISSION TO SALES PRESENTATIONS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. YOU HAVE NOT YET WON. ALL FEDERAL, STATE/PROVINCIAL, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
- SPONSOR: The Valpak "Get Away For Less" Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes") is sponsored by Valpak Direct Marketing Systems, Inc. ("Valpak") ("Sponsor").
- ELIGIBILITY: Subject to the additional limitations set forth below, the Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and D.C. and to legal residents of Canada (excluding Quebec) who are eighteen (18) years of age or older, or the age of majority in their state/province of residence, whichever is older at time of entry. Sweepstakes is not open to employees of Sponsor, Delta Vacations Inc., (the "Promotional Partner") or any of their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, franchisees and advertising or promotional agencies, or to the immediate family members of, or to any persons domiciled with, any such employees. For purposes of the Sweepstakes, "immediate family members" are defined as spouses, children, siblings, parents, grandparents and grandchildren.
- ADDITIONAL ENTRIES FOR THE PRIZE DRAWING: Individuals entering online may receive additional entries by referring a friend to the Sweepstakes (the "Refer A Friend") or by sharing the promotion with your friends on Facebook or Twitter (the "Share With Your Friends"). Referring A Friend and Share With Your Friends is not required to enter the Sweepstakes. To receive additional entries, follow the instructions below. Refer A Friend: After completing the Official Online Registration form, you can provide up to five (5) unique, valid email addresses of persons with whom you have an existing relationship and who are at least eighteen (18) years old, or the age of majority in their state/province of residence, whichever is older. You must also obtain consent from each such person before providing his/her email address. Sponsor will send an email to each friend on your behalf advising him/her about the Sweepstakes. You will receive one (1) additional Sweepstakes entry for every unique, separate valid email address that you provide, up to a maximum of five (5) additional entries per day. False or fictitious and invalid email addresses will not be eligible for additional entries and providing false or fictitious and invalid email addresses may be grounds for disqualification from the Sweepstakes. Share With Your Friends: After clicking the "Submit" or "No Thanks" button on the Refer A Friend page, you can receive one (1) additional entry per day into the Sweepstakes either by clicking on the Tweet button or by clicking on the Facebook button and following the instructions on the Share screen. By clicking on the "Tweet This" button, you will be sharing information about the Sweepstakes on your Twitter account. By clicking on the Facebook button, you will be sharing information about the Sweepstakes on your Facebook account. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to determine whether or not additional entries shall be awarded. Sweepstakes is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by Facebook or Twitter, nor is Facebook or Twitter associated with the Sweepstakes in any way. You understand that you are providing information to the Sponsor and not to Facebook or Twitter. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Sweepstakes must be directed to the Sponsor or its administrator, and not to Facebook or Twitter.
- PRIZE & ODDS: The award of the prize is subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Grand Prize: One (1) Grand Prize Winner and up to three (3) travel companions will receive a vacation package worth up to $5,000 USD to any Delta Vacations destination in the United States, Mexico, or Caribbean (the "Grand Prize"). Vacation package consists of up to four (4) round-trip coach class tickets (worth up to $750.00 per person) for air transportation from the major hub airport closest to the Grand Prize Winner's home (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) to the destination of Grand Prize Winner's choice, hotel accommodations worth up to $2,000 (one room, quad-occupancy); location to be determined by Promotional Partner in its sole discretion. Approximate Retail Value ("ARV") of Grand Prize is five thousand dollars ($5,000.00 USD).
The Grand Prize trip must be coordinated with the Sponsor and Promotional Partner and must be booked by April 30, 2014 and completed by May 31, 2014, and is subject to the following blackout dates: 2013- November 21-27, December 18-31; 2014- March 30-April 19. Actual value of the Grand Prize may vary depending upon location of major hub airport nearest to Grand Prize Winner's home and costs of air travel at time of award. Grand Prize Winner will not receive the difference (if any) between actual and estimated retail value. Trip must be scheduled through Sponsor and/or Promotional Partner. Promotional Partner will determine airline, flight itinerary and seating in its sole discretion. Travel dates are subject to availability and other restrictions may apply. No changes will be made to travel details once any portion of travel arrangements have been made, except at Promotional Partner's and its agency's sole discretion. If Grand Prize Winner can no longer travel during the selected travel dates, then he or she forfeits the entire Grand Prize. Unless a child of the Grand Prize Winner, the travel companion(s) of Grand Prize Winner must be at least eighteen (18) years of age or older as of the date of departure. The travel companion(s) of Grand Prize Winner must travel with Grand Prize Winner on the same itinerary. Travel must originate from and end at the same airport. Sponsor and/or Promotional Partner will not be responsible for changes in schedule of any element of the Grand Prize, and will not be liable for any expenses incurred as a consequence of flight cancellation/delay or other events beyond their control. The Grand Prize Winner and his/her travel companion(s) may be required to provide appropriate government issued photo identification (such as a valid passport) at time of travel. The Grand Prize Winner and his/her travel companion(s) are solely responsible for determining and obtaining all necessary travel documents and complying with other travel requirements. No credit or cash will be given for any unused portion of the Grand Prize. All expenses and incidental travel costs associated with Grand Prize travel package not expressly stated in the prize package description above shall be the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner and of his or her travel companions, including, without limitation, local transportation, tips, and food and beverages. Travel is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in this Sweepstakes and those set forth by Delta Vacations, as set forth in the passenger ticket contract. Grand Prize Winner and travel companion(s) are responsible for obtaining any insurance (including but not limited to, any travel or health insurance).
The prize and individual components of prize package are non-refundable, non-assignable and nontransferable and cannot be redeemed for cash. No substitutions by the winner are allowed. The prize and individual components of the Grand Prize travel package are subject to availability and Sweepstakes Entities (as defined below) reserve the right to substitute prize components of equal or greater value for any reason whatsoever. The Grand Prize Winner is solely responsible for payment of all federal, state/provincial and local taxes on the prize value awarded and for any costs incurred in claiming or using that prize. The Grand Prize Winner may be required to provide his/her valid Social Security Number to Sponsor for tax purposes and/or complete an IRS W-9 form in order to claim the Grand Prize. As a condition of receiving the Grand Prize, the Grand Prize Winner will be required to complete, sign and have notarized an affidavit of eligibility, a liability release and, except where prohibited by law, a publicity release, which must be returned via mail or hand delivery within ten (10) business days of date of sender's notification postmark. Failure of the Grand Prize Winner to timely sign, notarize and return any required affidavit and release, or to claim a prize, or comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules, may result in disqualification, the forfeiture of his or her interest in the Grand Prize, and the award of the prize to a substitute Grand Prize Winner to be randomly selected from all remaining eligible entries. The persons traveling as companions of the Grand Prize Winner must also complete and return a liability and publicity release via mail or hand delivery within ten (10) business days of date of sender's notification postmark before airline tickets or other components of the Grand Prize will be awarded.
- WINNER SELECTION, NOTIFICATION AND ACCEPTANCE: A random drawing from among all eligible entries received will be conducted during regular business hours on or about June 14, 2013 to select one (1) Grand Prize Winner. The drawing will be conducted as follows: one (1) Grand Prize Provisional Winner will be selected at random by Sponsor's fulfillment center. The Sponsor's fulfillment center will attempt to contact the selected Grand Prize Provisional Winner in person by telephone during regular business hours (9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. ET) using the telephone number provided on the Provisional Winner's entry form. If Sponsor's fulfillment center is unable to reach the Grand Prize Provisional Winner in person by telephone (Sponsor's fulfillment center will attempt to reach Provisional Winner up to three (3) times during a twenty-four hour period and no messages will be left), that Grand Prize Provisional Winner will be disqualified and a substitute Grand Prize Provisional Winner will be randomly selected from among the remaining eligible entries. The first eligible Grand Prize Provisional Winner that the Sponsor successfully contacts personally by telephone and who claims the Grand Prize in accordance with these Official Rules will be declared the Grand Prize Winner (subject to the following in the event that the Grand Prize Provisional Winner is a resident of Canada). If the Grand Prize Provisional Winner is a resident of Canada), in order to win and receive the prize he/she must first correctly answer, unaided and without mechanical or electronic assistance, a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question administered by telephone. Failure of a Canadian Grand Prize Provisional Winner to correctly answer the skill-testing question in the time allotted will result in disqualification, the forfeiture of his or her interest in the prize, and the random selection of a substitute Grand Prize Provisional Winner from among all remaining eligible entries.
The Grand Prize Winner may waive the right to receive a prize. The return of any prize, affidavit/release or prize notification as undeliverable, or the Grand Prize Winner's failure to otherwise comply with these Official Rules (including, for Canadian residents, failure to correctly answer the skill testing question) will result in disqualification, the forfeiture of all interest in the prize, and selection of a substitute Grand Prize Provisional Winner from among all remaining eligible entries. Unless prohibited by law, acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for the Sponsor, Promotional Partner, and their respective advertising and promotional agencies to use the Grand Prize Winner's name, address (city and state/province) and/or likeness for any commercial, publicity or promotional purposes without further compensation, review or approval, worldwide and in perpetuity, in any and all forms of media, now known and hereafter devised, including without limitation the Internet.
A PARTICIPANT IS NOT A WINNER OF THE GRAND PRIZE UNLESS AND UNTIL SPONSOR HAS COMPLETED ITS VERIFICATION OF PARTICIPANT'S ELIGIBILITY AND COMPLIANCE WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
- PARTICIPATION: By participating, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, Promotional Partner and any Sweepstakes judges or administrators appointed by Sponsor and/or Promotional Partner, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Any person attempting to defraud or in any way tamper with the Sweepstakes will be ineligible for the prize and may be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.
- RELEASE: By participating in the Sweepstakes, each participant agrees to fully release, forever discharge and hold harmless Sponsor, Promotional Partner and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, franchisees, and each such company's officers, directors, employees, agents, representatives and successors and assigns (collectively, the "Sweepstakes Entities") from and against any claims, costs, liabilities, losses, injuries and damages arising out of the Sweepstakes, including, but not limited to, any claims for personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, loss of enjoyment, or any other harm whatsoever arising out of: (1) participation in the Sweepstakes; (2) the quality, receipt, possession, use, or misuse of any prize; or (3) any travel or activity that is related to the Sweepstakes or any prize.
- DISCLAIMERS OF LIABILITY: By entering, participants acknowledge and agree that the Sweepstakes Entities will not be liable for losses or injuries of any kind resulting from acceptance/possession/use and/or misuse of prize(s), the theft of prizes or mail, travel to and from or participation in any prize-related activity, participation in the Sweepstakes, printing, mailing or distribution errors, or any malfunctions of the telephone network, computer Internet system, computer dating mechanism, computer equipment, software, or any combination thereof, or for any entries that are late (including delayed data transmissions), tampered with, garbled, incomplete, misdirected, lost, postage-due, forged, illegible, inaudible, mutilated, mechanically duplicated, mass machine printed, or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules. Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible or liable for any injury or damage to any participant's or third person's computer and/or its contents, related to or resulting from the Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right to terminate, suspend or modify the Sweepstakes if, in its sole discretion, it determines that for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as originally planned, or fraud, technical failures, printing, mailing or distribution errors, or any other unanticipated causes or occurrences have compromised the fairness or integrity of the Sweepstakes. In the event the Sweepstakes is terminated prior to the stated end date, Sponsor reserves the right to award all prizes in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received as of the date of termination. BY ENTERING, PARTICIPANTS FURTHER ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING THE WEBSITE AND THE PRIZE(S), ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND THAT TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS REGARDING THE PRIZES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR OR GENERAL USE OR PURPOSE.
Sponsor will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials or announcements relating to the Sweepstakes.
- SWEEPSTAKES MAIL OPT-OUT REQUEST/WINNERS' LIST: To request the name and hometown of the Grand Prize Winner (available after July 14, 2013) or a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped business-size envelope to The Valpak Splash into Summer Savings Sweepstakes, P.O. Box 13428, St. Petersburg, Florida 33733, Attn: Promotions Department. Indicate whether you are requesting the name of the Grand Prize Winner, or a copy of these Official Rules, or any combination of the foregoing. Residents of Vermont may omit return postage for rules. If you no longer wish to receive mailings for sweepstakes sponsored by Valpak, write to 8605 Largo Lakes Drive, Largo, FL 33773 - Attn: Sweepstakes Removal.