(ST. PETERSBURG, FL – March 19, 2015) — According to The Knot and a study that polled 16,000 brides, wedding costs are at an all-time high, with the average bride spending more than $31,000 on her big day. This bridal season, Valpak is excited to announce it has partnered with professional bridesmaid and well-known blogger, Jen Glantz, to help spread the word about savings tips for brides who are on a budget or looking for unique ways to cut costs for the big day.
Best known for her business, BridesmaidForHire.com, which started after an ad she posted on Craiglist went viral, Jen Glantz is a bridal expert offering professional bridesmaid services to brides across the country. Valpak has teamed up with Glantz to provide five top savings tips for brides looking for a budget break. Glantz and Valpak will host a Twitter Party on March 31 at 1 p.m. EST; follow @valpakcoupons and @TThingsILearned to participate.
1. Think about getting married in the off-season. This will vary depending on where you’re getting married, as sometimes the summer may be too hot or the winter may be too cold. But if there’s a venue you’re dying to get married at, call them to see what their slow months are – then choose your date.
2. Opt out of a Saturday wedding. Saturdays are the biggest days for weddings and events at any venue. Many times you can work out a discount if you choose a Friday, Sunday or date in the middle of the week – but make sure that you choose a date that works for your guests.
3. Check Valpak.com for coupons. You can order bouquets, centerpieces, boutonnieres and anything else you need with Valpak.com coupon codes from partners at FTD and ProFlower. Both have an entire wedding collection for brides and grooms. Also look for local florists, local restaurants for rehearsal dinners, as well as pampering spots for your wedding party such as hair salons, nail salons and spas.
4. Rent The Runway. If your bridesmaids are concerned about the cost of their dress, the great news is that they don’t have to buy an expensive dress they may not wear again. Instead, recommend they rent from Rent The Runway.
5. Honeymoon Advance Planning. Brides on a budget will also want to maximize their honeymoon dollars by getting a great deal on travel. This is best accomplished by booking in advance and using coupon codes from Valpak partners that can save money on travel plans through Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Apple Vacations, and Southwest Vacations.
“Every bride deserves the wedding day she has always dreamed of and with a little planning and smart shopping, that dream can become a reality at any budget,” said Jen Glantz, founder of bridesmaid for hire. “During this bridal season, we encourage brides across the country to look for the best deals and coupons that fit their wedding budget.”
Valpak’s blue envelope to support the wedding planning season begins mailing this month to more than 40 million homes. On Valpak.com, brides and grooms can find a number of coupons for the big day. Additionally, Valpak is hosting a sweepstakes through April 24 where one lucky winner will win a vacation for two. The savings brand also encourages brides to share their dream registry board for a chance to win $1,000 during the “Register for Love Giveaway” on Pinterest.
Discover more about Valpak®
Valpak is at the heart of communities across North America, helping people save, businesses grow and neighborhoods thrive through a network of local franchises in the U.S. and Canada. Valpak marketing consultants live and work in your neighborhood. We know what your customers want (we are them!) and can help you take the guesswork out of advertising with real-world marketing solutions that drive measurable results. From the mailbox to online to mobile devices, Valpak continues to find innovative ways to connect businesses with consumers. Monthly, close to 40 million homes receive our Blue Envelope of savings and traffic on valpak.com and our syndication partner sites exceeds 110 million. Backed by the muscle of Cox Target Media, your local Valpak office has the means and know-how to custom build a marketing campaign that meets your needs and budget. Let us introduce you to the neighborhood. Call Valpak at 1-800-676-6878.
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media company that includes the national advertising rep firms of CoxReps. Additionally, CMG owns Cox Target Media, which operates Valpak, one of North America’s leading direct marketing companies, and Savings.com, a leading online source for savings. The company’s operations currently include 14 broadcast television stations and one local cable channel, 59 radio stations, seven daily newspapers and more than a dozen non-daily publications, and more than 100 digital services. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly, including more than 31 million TV viewers, more than 3.5 million print and online newspaper readers, and more than 14 million radio listeners. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
About Bridesmaid for Hire
Bridesmaid for Hire provides professional bridesmaid services to both brides and maid of honors in need. The company works with brides before their wedding, behind the scenes at their wedding, and even up at the altar. They also support maid of honors, undercover, helping prepare them to execute a roll that requires a lot of time and research. Bridesmaid for Hire began in June 2014 after founder, Jen Glantz, posted an ad on Craigslist that went viral all over the world. For more information about Bridesmaid for Hire, you can visit: www.Bridesmaidforhire.com.
805 Executive Center Drive West, Suite 100
St. Petersburg, FL 33702
727-399-3175 — office