Laying down a great marketing effort is very similar to laying down a new sod lawn for a landscaping and lawn care company. Timing and placement can mean the difference between a season filled with vigorous growth or a slow death from disease or pests.
Often, landscaping and lawn care professionals look at marketing as a task that takes time out of their schedule when they could be serving clients. Instead, professional landscaping marketing should be viewed as a vital investment in a growing business.
Now is always the right time to get your lawn care and landscaping marketing plan established. Here’s why.
If You Aren’t Marketing, You’re…
Helping the Competition
The problem with thinking that you don’t have to engage landscaping marketing year round is that some of the competition probably is. Ask yourself, when customers are in need of your service, is your landscaping company at the front of their minds?
Losing Current Customers
Marketing is a way of establishing trust and credibility. By not advertising, customers might think that something has happened or gone wrong with your company. The best companies are visible on a consistent basis, and if people aren’t hearing or seeing any of your marketing, it will start to give them doubts about your brand.
Missing Out On New Business
When a customer is new to the world of landscaping, they might not seek professional services until a specific need arises. But when the need does arise, they will more likely choose the company whose branding and messaging has most captured their attention.
Marketing Tips for Landscaping Businesses
Identify Your Audience
You need to establish a solid local advertising strategy to reach the people that are most likely to be great customers.
Establish An Online Presence
Digital channels are mandatory for any business, lawn care included, simply because people spend so much time on social media.
Being seen as an integral part of the local community will help build trust and credibility via things like charity event participation and cause marketing.
Follow Your Audience
It’s crucial to go where your target audience is, both physically and digitally. Try surveys to figure out what events they like (sports, movies, etc.) and where they consume online content.
Marketing solutions to consider
- Direct Mail Flyers
- Direct Mail Coupon Offers
- Digital Coupon Offers
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Search Engine Marketing (SEM)
- Google AdWords
- Social Media Ad Placement
- Reputation Management (Yelp, Glassdoor, etc.)
- Local Business Claiming
Get Started Today:
Here are a few things you can do to begin boosting your local marketing right away:
- Find events. Get active in the local community by scanning your city’s events calendar to see what you might be able to attend.
- Get social. Do a triage of your social media accounts and activity. Odds are, you can do more to develop content, engage customers, and spread the word about your business.
- Direct mail. Landscaping customers tend to engage with physical items like flyers and mailings. Start a direct mail campaign to get the ball rolling and increase your visibility.
Need help? Contact your local Valpak representative today.