Case Study: Champion
Valpak®- recommended multiple-impression strategy increases consumer response and lifts sales
Test three Valpak formats on the advertiser’s lead generation response rates and overall cost per lead: single-panel insert, two single-panel inserts within the same envelope and a 2-panel insert.
Mailing Strategy / Campaign
- Mailed to a total of 2,500,000 households across five markets: Chicago, St. Louis, Boston, Baltimore and Dallas-Ft. Worth
Mailed areas were balanced and targeted by format based on:
- Core demographics (Owner-occupied, single-family dwelling units, age of home, and median household income)
- Custom profile based on previous Champion Window purchasers
Combinations of high-value offers, both percent-off and dollar-off depending on the market, were included for the following services:
- Sun Rooms
- Test results show a multiple-impression strategy prevailed; mailing two single-panel inserts highlighting unique services outperformed both the single and 2-panel insert formats
- 40% of all customer leads came from the two single inserts compared to 28% from the two-panel
- The cost per lead for the two single inserts was 34% lower than the cost per lead for the 2-panel
The success that came from separating the unique services onto two independent inserts showed that ad layout and messaging can positively impact response and sales.