Terminix Case Study
55% MORE PHONE CALLS
To measure whether double exposure in the Valpak envelope affects consumer response.
- Original 2-panel ad split into 2 single-panel inserts (termite control, pest control)
- Mailed to 1 million households in 4 markets
- Households selected based on serviceable ZIP codes and routinely used demographics
- Half of households in each market received envelope with original 2-panel insert
- Other half of households in each market received envelope with 2 single-panel inserts
- 55% more phone calls from households mailed 2 single-panel inserts vs. a 2-panel insert
- 35% lower cost per lead from households mailed 2 single-panel inserts vs. a 2-panel inserts
The test results show that the recommended double-exposure strategy successfully increased response rate and lowered the cost per lead for Terminix. The success that resulted from redesigning the control insert into two independent inserts proves ad format and messaging can positively impact response and sales.