3 Mouth-Watering Bacon Recipes
Crispy, crunchy, salty. What do all these words have in common? They describe one of the most delicious meats out there: Bacon. This savory food has been incorporated into everything from ice cream to jam and enhances the flavor of any dish it touches. And while bacon isn’t the healthiest of choices, there are a lot worse things you could be eating. Having bacon once a week is probably okay – everything in moderation, right? So, next time you feel a craving coming on, try one of these 3 mouth-watering bacon recipes.
Bacon Mushroom Spinach Frittata
Yield: 4 Servings
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Dash of hot sauce
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 Roma tomato, diced
- Preheat oven to 425º F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, basil, oregano, thyme and hot sauce; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Set aside.
- Heat a large oven-proof skillet over medium-high heat. Add bacon and cook until brown and crispy, about 6-8 minutes, reserving 1 tablespoon excess fat. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Add garlic and mushrooms to the skillet, and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender and browned, about 3-4 minutes; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Stir in spinach and tomato until the spinach begins to wilt, about 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in egg mixture and bacon, reserving 2 tablespoons, until well combined. Cook, undisturbed, until edges are set, about 2 minutes. Top with remaining bacon.
- Place into oven and bake until top is set and golden brown, about 14-15 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Peanut Butter Banana Bacon French Toast
Yield: 4 Servings
- French Toast Sandwich
- 8 challah bread sliced
- 16 Slices of bacon
- 2 bananas sliced
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup buttermilk or milk
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- For the batter, combine the eggs, milk, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and vanilla in a shallow bowl or pan. Something easy to soak the bread in after it is stuffed.
- Dredge each piece of bread in the egg mixture on each side. You might want to let the bread sit in the egg mixture for a minute to allow the bread to soak up the deliciousness.
- Heat a large skillet and melt 2 tablespoons of butter. Cook each slice on each side for about 4-5 minutes and when the bread is golden brown. Work in batches. Dredge the next slice when the first slice is completed and put in the skillet to cook.
- Brown & crisp the bacon in a separate pan. Use a paper towel to absorb excess oils and fat.
- Assemble your French toast sandwich. Layer in between two pieces of French Toast, peanut butter, bacon & sliced bananas. Enjoy!
Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole
Yield: 6-8 Servings
- 1 1/2 cup white rice 8 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons ranch seasoning
- 2 1/4 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar
- 1/2 cup mozzarella
- 2 teaspoons chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Combine rice, bacon and onions into a 9” X 13” baking dish
- Drizzle chicken breasts with oil and season all generously add the ranch dressing. Place in a baking dish with rice and stir until all ingredients are distributed evenly. Pour in chicken broth and heavy cream and stir again to combine. Top with cheddar and mozzarella.
- Cover baking dish with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake another 15-20 minutes, until chicken is done and rice is fully cooked.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.