44 Restaurants Honoring Heroes this Veterans Day
If you’re active duty military, retired or a reservist, you deserve a free meal (at least!). Dozens of national and regional restaurant chains, not to mention some local restaurants near you, are saluting you this Veterans Day, with a few really great deals.
It’s important to check the location you plan on visiting to make sure it is taking part.
Don’t forget to bring proof of military status with you!
Here are 44 of the major restaurant chains that are saluting our military this year. All deals are being offered on Sunday, Nov. 11, except when stated otherwise:
- Applebee’s – Select one of eight entrée options for a free meal. Proof of service required.
- Bar Louie – Vets and active military receive a free flatbread or burger up to $5.
- BJ’s Restaurant – Active and retired military get a complimentary entree valued at $12.95 or less plus a free Dr. Pepper beverage. Dine-in only.
Additionally, Current or retired military receive a free Pizzookie® Nov. 1-30 while supplies last.
- Bob Evans – Veterans and active duty military personnel receive one of 6 select complimentary breakfast, lunch or dinner options.
- Bonefish Grill – Bonefish is giving out complimentary Bang Bang Shrimp Appetizers to military and veterans.
- Buffalo Wild Wings – The “Wings for Heroes” means veterans and active duty personnel receive one small order of wings with a side of fries.
- California Pizza Kitchen – All veterans or active duty military will receive a free pizza, full-size salad, or pasta from a select menu. Dine-in only.
- Carrabba’s Italian Grill – Veterans and active duty personnel receive a free appetizer at Carrabba’s on Veterans Day.
- Chili’s – Receive a free entree from a special menu. Dine-in only, proof of military service required.
- Cici’s Pizza – Any active or retired military member with proof of service is eligible for a complimentary adult buffet. Includes pizza, salad, deserts and more.
- Cracker Barrel – Complimentary slice of Double Chocolate Fudge Coca-Cole® Cake for dessert or Crafted Coffee.
- Denny’s – Eligible visitors receive a complimentary meal from 5:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Dunkin’ Donuts – Veterans and active duty military can enjoy a free donut.
- Fatz Southern Kitchen – On Monday, Nov. 12, veterans and active duty military will receive a complimentary World-Famous Calabash Chicken Basket. Additionally, retired and active service members receive 25% off their entire meal during the month of November. Proof of service required.
- Friendly’s – Get a free breakfast, lunch or dinner from a special menu with a valid military ID or honorable discharge card. Meal options include the Big-Two-Do® breakfast, or All-American Burger during lunch or dinner. Dine in only.
- Glory Days Grill – Veterans will receive a complimentary appetizer or order of boneless wings Sunday, Nov. 11, and Monday, Nov. 12. Valid form of military ID is required.
- Hooters – Veterans and active duty military can get a free meal at participating stores with the purchase of a beverage. Proof of service is required.
- Huddle House – Active military members and veterans with valid ID are eligible for a free order of sweet cakes Nov. 9-12
- IHOP – Veterans and active duty military will receive free red, white and blue pancakes with blueberries, strawberries and whipped cream.
- Krispy Kreme –Military and Veterans get 1 free donut and small coffee on Veterans Day.
- Krystal – Get a free Krystal Sausage Biscuit
- Little Caesars Pizza – Grab a free pizza or $5 Hot-N-Ready Lunch Combo.
- Logan’s Roadhouse Free entrée from the American Roadhouse Meals menu for veterans and active duty military personnel. Additionally, military personnel receives a 10% discount year-round. Nov. 11 3-6pm.
- Longhorn Steakhouse – Is offering a free appetizer or dessert to anyone with proof of military service. Additionally, Guest that dine in on Veteran’s Day will receive 10% off.
- Macaroni Grill – Complimentary Mom’s Ricotta Meatballs & Spaghetti entree to all veterans and active military.
- Menchie’s – Active and retired military get a free 6 oz. cup of frozen yogurt all day. Proof of service required.
- Mission BBQ – Veterans and active duty personnel will receive a free sandwich. Military ID not required.
- O’Charley’s – Veterans and active duty military receive a free meal and participating locations on both Sunday, Nov. 11 and Monday, Nov. 12. Additionally, veterans receive a 10% discount all year long.
- Olive Garden – On November 11, all veterans and active duty military get a free meal from a limited menu plus unlimited soup or salad and warm, garlic breadsticks.
- Outback Steakhouse – Active and former military get a free Bloomin’ Onion and non-alcoholic beverage with proof of service. Additionally, servicemen and women, police officers, firefighters, and first responders receive the 10% off Heroes discount through Dec. 31 with a corresponding stare of federal service ID.
- Perkins Restaurant & Bakery – Veterans receive a complimentary Magnificent 7 breakfast, including two eggs, two strips of bacon, and three pancakes.
- Red Lobster – Active duty, veterans, reservists get a free appetizer or dessert from a select menu Nov. 10-11.
- Red Robin – Veterans and active duty personnel receive a free Red’s Tavern Double Double Burger and Bottomless Steak Fries. Dine-in only.
- Romano’s Macaroni Grill – Receive a free Mom’s Ricotta Meatballs & Spaghetti entrée for military and veterans.
- Ruby Tuesday – Veterans, all former and active duty service members get a free appetizer (up to $10).
- Sagebrush Steakhouse – Active duty personnel and veterans will receive a complimentary meal from a select menu from 10 am – 11 pm. Includes non-alcoholic beverage.
- Shane’s Rib Shack – Receive a free sandwich combo, including sandwich, regular side, and 30 oz. drink at participating locations Nov. 8-10.
- Sizzler– Active duty personnel and veterans can choose from three entrees; a six-ounce Tri-Tip Steak, a single Malibu Chicken, or a Half Dozen Fried Shrimp, in addition, to receive a free beverage, including coffee, iced tea, or a fountain drink.
- Texas Corral – Free meal from a special menu, plus lemonade, iced tea, or coffee for veterans and current military personnel with proof of service.
- Texas Roadhouse – Veterans and active duty military receive a free meal from a special menu. Includes sides and a soft drink, coffee, or tea. Proof of service required. Dine-in only.
- TGIFridays – Veterans and active personnel enjoy a free lunch from a special menu item up to $12 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Guests will also receive a $5 coupon for the next meal. Offers for dine-in only.
- Tijuana Flats – Veterans and active military members will receive a complimentary meal at participating locations. Dine-in and take-out only. Military ID is required.
- Village Inn – Veterans and active duty military receive their choice of complimentary breakfast. Proof of service is required.
- White Castle – Receive a free breakfast combo or Castle combo meal #1-6 with proof of service on Sunday, Nov. 11 and Monday, Nov. 12.
Don’t forget to show proof of your current or former military service. This can include a Military ID, VA Universal Access Card, DD-214 discharge papers or a Veterans Service Organization Card. If you’re unsure about what proof you need at a particular place, or whether your favorite location is participating this year, call the restaurant itself.
Taking loved ones along with you? Check the Valpak.com local restaurants section for additional savings.