8 Out of the Ordinary Valentine’s Day Gifts
Valentine’s Day is coming. Are you sticking with flowers or candy? There’s nothing wrong with that, but it’s a little boring, wouldn’t you agree? This year, why not do something different and unexpected for your plus one! With a little creativity, you can get maximum benefits from your thoughtful Valentine’s Day gift with minimum strain on your pocketbook.
Valentine’s Day is one of my favorite holidays. It’s a chance for us to show our significant others how much they mean to us. Chocolates and flowers are great, but romance is more than just that. It’s showing your partner that you will go out of your way to plan something wonderful for them. Do something creative, hold hands, experience new things, and take some pictures along the way this Valentine’s Day!
That’s why I’m a big fan of Valpak, and I think you should be, too! It’s chock full of great deals on just about everything. When you get your Valpak envelope in the mail, check Valpak for local retailers with special promotions for Valentine’s Day to help stretch your budget. You can also go online to Valpak.com to get promo codes for your Valentine’s Day flowers, gifts, and other great possibilities for a romantic evening. The sooner you plan ahead, the more special your day can be.
Here are 8 great ideas for an extraordinary Valentine’s Day:
1. Attend a concert, play, or visit a local museum. Buy your sweetheart a new outfit or accessory to wear to go along with tickets.
2. Get a massage or a pedicure together. I got my husband a pedicure for his birthday last year, and now we get them together all the time! It’s a great way to have a nice relaxing time together.
3. Take a cooking class together. Or you can prepare a meal that you have never made. Don’t forget the dessert! New experiences are a great way to strengthen your bond.
4. Have a romantic, stay-at-home cheese and wine party. Buy several bottles of wine and cheese to try and make a note of your favorites. If you have a fireplace or a particularly beautiful part of the house, lay out a lovely quilt and sit on the floor. *swoon*
5. Plant a special tree, rosebush or favorite flower. Start an herb garden from seed together and enjoy the bounty all year long. This is one of my favorite ideas because it’s an evergreen reminder of how your love will never die.
6. Sign up to take an enrichment class together. Or set aside time to watch instructional videos. Again, trying new things together makes for lasting memories.
7. Give them an “experience gift”. Do you have an adrenalin junkie for a Valentine? Gift them with the experience to drive a race car, flying lessons, bungee jumping or something else equally frightening…I mean exciting.
8. Get them a subscription box to try new products. These are always fun because you can find a box for almost anything; from healthy snack foods, beauty accessories, clothing, jewelry, men’s gifts, cigars and more. If you can imagine it, there’s probably a box for it.
Valentine’s Day is a great time to show your love and creativity. Get the flowers and chocolate, and then let your creativity run wild. And while you’re making your plans, double check Valpak to help you save money on your romantic night.