9 Alternative Christmas Trees
I can’t be the only one that likes to buck tradition sometimes?
So many people have begun to stray away from traditional holiday décor, that it’s starting to become the new normal! Most of the focus is on the Christmas Tree, and let’s face it we all know we want our tree to be cooler than our neighbors.
Check out these alternative Christmas Trees perfect for each INDIVIDUAL!
1. First things first, here’s my 2014 tree. My husband and I had recently married on Halloween and ended up with a bunch of mini pumpkins left over from our place cards. He thought we should incorporate them into a tree as it was our first Christmas as a married couple. We thought it turned out pretty awesome. Score a Star Tree Topper like mine at Target!
2. Are you a minimalist? Check out this Metal tree for your wall from Urban Outfitters for $39.
Bonus: minimal after Christmas Clean up!
3. Attention Book Worms, it’s your time to shine! Why spend money, when you can make a tree out of things you have lying around. Like books! Jedah & Jen created a perfect example! Check it out on their blog FamilySponge.com.
Score some books on the cheap from your local thrift store. (If you don’t keep them after, donate them!) 4. Check out this all-inclusive number from Modcloth.
It’s only $39, and it fits in well with rustic décor and mingling families.
5. Be a big kid and create a character themed tree. Check out the Storm Trooper special from Erin H! You can nab all the trimmings at Barnes & Noble.6. Let your creativity shine and paint your own tree! Bonus, it’s recyclable!
Score one on Etsy for around $16.
7. Hey Girl! Get yourself a pink tree!! Have some festive fun with a bright hued tree, even better, add some bright/neon bulbs to really make it pop! It’s $30 at Walmart.
8. Like color? Have fun with a gradient tree! All you need is many like colored ornaments that you can group together! EZPZ and fun! Check out this example from Kelly Lieberman.
Grab cheap ornaments from the dollar store. 9. Why not let the kids draw on the walls for a change. A wall covered in a chalkboard tree!
This one’s about $15 on Amazon.
Will you do on alt tree this year? Send us your versions!