9 Months, 9 Baby Shower Gift Ideas (that are different)
Every mom looks as forward to her baby shower as she does the big day itself. Finding the perfect shower gift need not involve an all-day trip to multiple stores; many retailers and boutiques allow you to shop online. That still leaves the question of what to get. These nine gifts, one for every month of a typical pregnancy, will be a welcome unwrapping. And there are coupons galore to baby your wallet.
The best baby shower gift is one that multi-tasks – a skill mom herself will have to learn fast.
1. The BOB Motion Travel System is a stroller and car seat in one. It gets raves for its simple, ergonomic design. The stroller folds quickly with one hand and locks shut automatically. The car seat faces rear or forward so it grows with baby.
Diapers will be a part of a new parent’s life for the better part of two years. A great idea is to ask each guest to bring a box of newborn-size nappies to the party. Then show mom or dad how easy it is to dispose of them.
2. Keep the nursery odor free with a Playtex Diaper Genie Elite Pail. A foot pedal opens the canister lid (no bending) and the dirty diapers are twisted up in double-lock bags (no smell). Odors and germs are sealed in securely. You can add a set of refills with the money you’ve saved!
3. Diapering on the go can be both stylish and practical. This twill Carter’s LaGuna diaper bag is roomy and full of pockets and pouches. It comes in neutral colors that go with every outfit and are suitable for a baby boy or a girl.
Be the one who thinks of everything!
4. A battery-operated Nasalclear nasal aspirator is a safe and fast way to unblock stuffy little nostrils. It uses gentle, continuous suction that the old bulb types just can’t match. It features different silicone tips for different size nostrils and even plays 12 tunes to distract baby.
5. Even Supermom needs a break or two. The 4moms mamaRoo Plush Infant Seat is the next best thing to mom or dad’s comforting arms. Not your ordinary seat, it simulates bouncing and swaying motions for hands-free soothing – 5 motions, 5 adjustable speeds, and 5 built-in nature sounds plus MP3 connection.
Need a few fun, low-cost baby shower gift ideas?
6. A set of whimsical pacifiers will give a new parent a smile during those trying times. Choose a mustache, gangsta grille or vampire fangs as a bootie-stuffer. They are BPA-free and feature snap-on hygienic caps.
7. Anyone who loved taking pregnant-belly photos each month will love The Pink Princess Sticky Bellies Stickers. The stickers are safe to apply to bare skin or clothing, and are a cute-as-a-button way to mark the first 12 months in photos.
8. If mom’s expecting a boy, she can expect another type of shower once in a while – a surprise on the changing table. These adorable disposable Pee Pee Tee Pees will appeal to her sense of humor – and protect her clothes as she learns the ropes.
Little boy bathroom humor will come soon enough. Let’s take it back to a higher level, shall we?
9. Start the tot-to-be off on a stylish note with Calvin Klein infant bodysuits. While others buy basics, you can make an impression and put designer panache on that adorable little body. Easy-wash cotton/polyester knits come five to a pack.