Kellogg’s Apple Jacks Snickerdoodle Recipe
Sponsored by Kellogg’s
If you are anything like us, you LOVE Kellogg’s Apple Jacks® cereal – but sometimes you want comfort food. Say hello to the Apple Jacks® Snickerdoodle Cookie. Courtesy of Kellogg’s, this recipe is sure to delight your inner child (as well as your actual children). Make sure to grab grocery coupons for all of the ingredients before you start baking.
Have you tried this recipe before? Let us know how it was in the comments below!
A double dose of Apple Jacks® cereal—finely ground on the outside of the cookies and slightly crushed cereal stirred into the batter—add amazing flavor to classic Snickerdoodle cookies.
- 3 cups Kellogg's® Apple Jacks® cereal
- 2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In food processor place the 1 cup KELLOGG’S APPLE JACKS cereal. Cover and process until very finely ground. Place in small bowl. Set aside.
- In large bowl combine flour, baking powder, cream of tartar and salt. Set aside.
- In large mixing bowl beat sugar and butter on medium speed of electric mixer until combined. Add eggs and vanilla. Beat on high speed until fluffy. Add flour mixture to butter mixture. Beat on low speed until combined.
- Stir the slightly crushed KELLOGG’S APPLE JACKS cereal into flour mixture. Shape dough into 1 1/4-inch balls. Roll in finely ground cereal. Place balls 2-inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake at 400° F for 8 to 10 minutes or until cookies begin to brown.
- Remove to wire rack. Cool completely.