Texas Rodeo Chili
Nothing warms a Texan’s heart quite like a hearty chili. Here’s my family recipe for beanless beef chili that’s perfect to come home to after a day at the San Antonio Stock Show & Rodeo.
- 4 lbs. Coarsely Ground Chuck
- 1 Large Onion Chopped
- 5 Cloves of Garlic
- 3 Tbsp. Chili Powder
- 2 Tbsp. Smoked Paprika
- 2 Tbsp. Smoked Ancho Chili Powder
- 1 Tbsp. Cumin Powder
- 2 Tbsp. Sriracha Pepper Sauce
- 2-3 Dashes Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 ½ Cups Low-Sodium Beef Stock
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Sour Cream
- Saute onions and garlic until translucent, about 3 minutes.
- Add ground meat and cook until browned. Strain grease and set beef mixture aside.
- Add seasonings to the saute pan and toast until fragrant.
- Add beef mixture back to pan and cook another 5 minutes.
- Add Sriracha, Worcestershire and beef stock. Reduce to just a simmer (only a few bubbles should pop the surface).
- Cook for at least 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Make sure the pot doesn’t run dry and add additional stock if needed.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with cheddar cheese, a dollop of sour cream, a few sprigs of cilantro and a wedge of lime. Enjoy!
Get everything you need to make Texas Chili for less with these grocery coupons.