20 Black Friday Tips and Tricks
Black Friday is just a few short weeks away and you are probably already dreading the crowds. Here are 20 tips that will help make your shopping less stressful and more successful!
1. Know when stores are opening. Some are going to open on Thanksgiving evening with the deals. Make a list of the ones you want to go to and plan your shopping based on opening hours.
2. Know the ads and take them with you. Some stores will price match, so having the ads in hand will come in very helpful. I will be posting all of the deals on my blog, MyCrazySavings.com. Make sure to keep checking it for the stores that you plan to shop at!
3. Make a list of what you are looking for. Having a list helps to keep you on track and makes it easier for you to not forget anything.
4. Shop online before heading out. Sometimes that camera you want will be cheaper the day before…and have free shipping!
5. Pack snacks in your purse/bag. You never know when you might have to stand in a long line for hours and you might get hungry. For that matter, pack a small bottle of water as well.
6. Wear comfy shoes. The last thing you want is to have your toes ran over by a cart and be in flip flops!
7. Layer your clothes. The lines could be outside in cooler weather, but inside it could get warm with the crowds. It’s a good idea to bring an umbrella as well.
8. Buddy shop when possible. Bringing a friend can be helpful. You can go one way and they can go another. Extra eyes and hands to help are always good.
9. Charge your phones or take a back up cell phone charger. You will want to be able to communicate with those who are with you and you might be able to price match online ads or store prices.
10. Leave the kids at home. The last thing you want is to leave the long line that you have been waiting hours in to take them on a potty run!
11. Check return policies before purchasing. Get gift receipts for easy returns.
12. Check out quantities of big items before rushing to get in line. Two TVs for 40 people are not good odds.
13. Find out what the stores game plan is for big items. Are they handing out tickets to those first in line? Or how does that work?
14. Go prepared financially. Customer checkout lines might be divided by cash versus credit. If their credit card machine goes down, you could still pay with cash. Carry your money in a small purse that you can easily sling across your body.
15. Take a bag, cart or stroller to help carry items. Shopping carts are often taken quickly and you will be left to carry items with your arms.
16. Gas up your car the night before. The last thing you want to do is run out of gas while rushing from one store to the next.
17. Have patience. There will be a lot of crazy, overambitious shoppers out on Black Friday.
18. Check local restaurants for their Black Friday deals. Sometimes they offer $5 extra on a $20 giftcard purchase. Great time to grab a deal. Some even offer FREE coffee to Black Friday shoppers.
19. If possible, walk the store the night before to see where items are located. Some stores will put items in strange spots to keep crowds from forming in one area.
20. Don’t stress. If you don’t find all of the things on your list, Cyber Monday is coming and free shipping is always a great incentive!