Burglary Statistics You Need to Know | Infographic
Every year, the FBI puts together crime statistics that give insight into the changing landscape of robbery in the United States. 2014, while still having over 1.7 million burglaries reported — that number is actually down 10% from the previous year. This is likely due to homeowners getting smarter about how they protect their homes. Home security systems are a primary deterrent for home invasions, however adding home automation to a standard system can go above and beyond to protect your home.
In addition to the burglary stats in the infographic below, here are a few more stats that you should know.
- Single family homes in the middle of the block are more likely to be burglarized than corner and two-story homes
- Homes without security systems are 300% more likely to be broken into
- Most burglaries will happen within a few miles of the burglars residence
- The South accounts for 47% of burglaries, followed by the West (21.4%), Midwest (20.7%), and Northeast (10.8%)
- The most common journey for burglars is
- Master bedroom –> Home Office –> Formal Rooms
Here are 8 tips to prevent home theft.
Share this Image On Your Site
*Sponsored by ProtectYourHome.com