Drink Your Pumpkin Pie! Vegan-Friendly Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
When fall comes around, my world becomes a pumpkin wonderland. From pumpkin soup to roasting pumpkin seeds, it’s all about pumpkins in my house. I like simple and quick recipes that I can throw together at the first sign of a craving – and during fall it’s usually pumpkin pie.
One day it occurred to me that not only can I eat pumpkin pie, I can drink it too. This is coming from someone who can eat a whole pumpkin pie on her own, and looks forward to doing so every year on Thanksgiving.
This is my super-simple, takes-less-than-10 minutes pumpkin pie smoothie recipe. It is vegan all the way and tastes delicious!
Just like with any smoothie, you have room to be creative by adding your go-to supplements. Mine is flax seed, but don’t feel tied down to this. Chia seeds also work well with this blend.
- 1 can (12 oz.) pumpkin puree
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 ripe banana (frozen)
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2-3 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp flax seed (optional)
- ½ tbsp sliced almonds
- 1 pinch of cinnamon powder
- Mix pumpkin puree, almond milk, banana, vanilla extract, pumpkin pie spice, maple syrup and flax seed into blender and blend until smooth.
- This smoothie tastes better chilled. If the blender heated your pumpkin pie smoothie too much, refrigerate until desired temperature is reached then serve. If you can’t wait to gulp this baby down, then add some ice to the mix, blend and serve.
- Add ½ tablespoon of almonds and sprinkle a pinch of cinnamon to the smoothie for garnish.
BEFORE YOU ADD THE MAPLE SYRUP: I like my pumpkin smoothie on the sweet side, so I find 3 teaspoons of maple syrup is just right. However, I suggest adding the maple syrup 1 teaspoon at a time to prevent over sweetening. Taste test it as you blend; you may find that 3 teaspoons is not enough.