No-Stress Easy Appetizers for Parties
Holiday season is approaching and that means it’s time to celebrate. Whether you are hosting a party for friends or family, complicated and expensive appetizers are not necessary. Stick to these simple (and tasty) options. Your guests will enjoy great food and conversation – and you won’t drain your budget or energy!
- Meat & Cheese Cubes and Veggies & Fruit: These basic appetizer options are always great to serve. Not only are they easy, but they offer something for everyone to enjoy. Also, skip the premade trays to save some money. Head to the grocery store to find items like bags of cubed cheese, bite-sized smoked sausage, baby carrots and cherry tomatoes. Making your own trays can save you money and is worth the little bit of prep. Be sure to search for grocery coupons before heading to the store.
- Appetizer Pinwheels: These are a classic party appetizer and my go-to recipe for parties. Why? Because they are easy-to-make crowd pleasers! Simply spread veggie-flavored cream cheese on a tortilla, then layer on shredded cheese, thin sliced lunch meat and lettuce or spinach. Roll it all tightly and seal the edge with some cream cheese. Cut into 1-2 inch pinwheel discs and Voila! Done.
- Sweet and Savory Slow Cooker Meatballs: What party spread does not have meatballs? These sweet and savory faves are surprisingly easy to make. All you need is a bag of frozen appetizer meatballs, a jar of grape jelly and a bottle of barbecue sauce. Mix them together in the slow cooker and your done!
- Almond Bark Coated Items: Almond bark (aka white candy/chocolate coating) is a staple baking item during the holidays. I love to use it to coat all kinds of items. Our family faves are Oreos and pretzel rods. Sprinkle on some colored sugars and you have a festive little treat. A new favorite is what we call Celebration Crunch Snack Mix. This sweet and salty mix is perfect for munching at a party. Popcorn, almond bark, Cheerios and pretzels are the base of this recipe, but you can add in lots of other goodies too.
- Grinch Fruit Kabobs: And just because every holiday party needs a little humor, try making Grinch Fruit Kabobs. These cute kabobs are sure to be conversation starters. Just layer a green grape, slice of banana, strawberry and mini marshmallow on a toothpick to bring the Dr. Seuss classic to life on your buffet.