German Chocolate Cookies Recipe
It’s exactly like it sounds – now your favorite German chocolate cake is mobile in cookie form – and we have the recipe!
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 2 cups light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch salt
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 egg yolks,
- ½ cup butter
- 1 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Beat the butter, vanilla and eggs until light and fluffy. Add the sugar and beat until light. Stir the remaining ingredients together, and gradually add to the butter mixture and blend until combined.
- Drop the dough by tablespoonful onto the prepared baking sheets, and bake 8 to 10 minutes. Cool on a baking rack.
- Place first five ingredients into a saucepan and cook over medium heat.
- Continuously stir until mixture is thickened, 10-12 minutes.
- Once thickened remove from heat and add coconut and pecans. Beat until thick enough to spread.
- Spread frosting over the cookies.