Gluten-Free, No Bake Energy Bites
Serve these after school energy bites any day of the week to give your kids the boost they need to get through the afternoon. Plus, they are filling so they won’t be asking for another snack 20 minutes before dinner. If you don’t have gluten restrictions, you can use regular Rice Krispies!
Recipe from Erin Chase of $5 Dinners
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free Rice Krispies
- 2/3 cup peanut or other nut/seed butter
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 cup shredded coconut flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- About ¾ to 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- Add the Rice Krispies to a mixing bowl and crush lightly with your hand or potato masher.
- Add the peanut butter, honey, coconut flakes and cinnamon and stir all together.
- Then add the chocolate chips and stir well.
- Chill in the mixture in the fridge for about an hour. Then form into 1” balls and serve.
- Keep chilled between servings.