12 A-dog-able Halloween Costumes for Pets
What will your pet “go as” for Halloween? You read that right. In case you haven’t noticed, dogs are the new kids, and they trick-or-treat. Last year, 14 percent of Americans dressed up their dogs and cats for Halloween, spending about $330 million on pet costumes, according to the National Retail Federation.
While that’s a lot of kibble, you don’t have to sit up and beg for a good deal when you use coupon codes with your order. For a limited time, our friends at BuyCostumes.com are offering 20% off your entire order, plus free shipping on $75 or more. Use Coupon Code: afcValpakSF1 at checkout.
Here are some ways you can show off Fido in frightfully delightful form.
Dressing up your best friend as another animal is always a hit.
1. Don’t you always notice that little dogs think they’re bigger than they are? Bring out his inner alpha with this official Animal Planet lion costume. He’ll be your mane man as well as your BFF (best furry friend).
2. Even if your pooch could win an Ugly Dog contest, there’s no more beautiful way to show her off than in this fancy peacock costume.
4. If it’s hot outside or your little guy just loves the water (or, OK, he’s a holy terror), express it with this simple strap-on shark fin.
5. Let’s say Fluffy is very well-behaved and perfect in every way. She doesn’t chew furniture. She fetches your newspaper every morning. Or maybe you only wish that were true. Make your point with this sweet angel outfit.
Silly pet Halloween costumes are perfectly fine – in fact, the sillier, the better. Your infant doesn’t care what kind of baby Halloween costume you put on him, and neither does your pet. So feel free to go out on a limb (or leash) for trick-or-treat this year.
6. He ain’t nothing but a hound dog, and you love him just the same! This sparkly Elvis cape and jumpsuit – made famous in his 1973 Aloha from Hawaii concert – is a great look for bigger dogs and creates perfect harmony when you dress up as the King, too. Thank you very muuuch!
7. Everyone knows there’s no dog in a hot dog, but you’re free to disprove them, if only on October 31.
9. A couch-potato canine deserves a mellow costume. These Rastafarian doggy duds are sure to get a laugh in a parade or at a party.
10. This cowabunga canine costume is just one of several Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles pet costumes you’ll find online. This comfortable Donatello get-up creates a perfect sidekick to a kid or adult dressed as a TMNT.
11. If you’re a Star Wars fan, dressing your pet up as an Ewok, or Darth Vader is a no-brainer. But if you’re a true geek, your dog needs a hardcore costume. Not everyone will get it, but those who do will adore this Dewback with attached storm trooper – an officially licensed Star Wars costume.
12. Finally, Wizard of Oz Halloween costumes are popular every year. If you’ve got a family costume theme going, and your dog looks nothing like Toto, splurge on this cute-as-a-button Glinda the Good Witch outfit.
This post was sponsored by BuyCostumes.com.