Italian Rainbow Cookie Recipe
Fantastic recipe for these Brightly colored, 7 layer cookies!
Recipe submitted by Holly Daniels.
- 8 Eggs
- 4 sticks of Butter (softened)
- 6 Teaspoons of Almond Extract
- 2 Cups Flour
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- Red, Yellow, Green Food coloring
- 1 Bag of Milk Chocolate Chips
- Apricot Jam 18 oz
- Seedless Raspberry Jam 18 oz
- 12 X 18 cookie sheet
- Mix all ingredients together (except food coloring, chips and jam)
- Separate batter into 3 different bowls.
- Add food coloring to each separate bowl (one colour to each bowl) *about 20-25 drops of each
- Preheat oven to 350, spray cookie sheet with Pam
- Spread one bowl of batter in cookie sheet (make sure batter is spread evenly. Making sure it's even is tricky..)
- Bake about 10 minutes.
- Do the same for the other 2 bowls.
- Spread apricot jam on first layer, place second layer on top, spread raspberry jam on second layer, place third layer on top.
- Cover and place something heavy on top (I use a heavy cutting board) and refrigerate overnight.
- Next day, melt chocolate and spread over the third layer (sides as well) Add sprinkles if you want.
- Place in refrigerator until chocolate hardens, cut into squares.