Lacey Oatmeal Cookies
From Grandma’s recipe, these very thin and delicate oatmeal cookies should be handled with care!
- 1 1/2 Cups "Quick" Oatmeal
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 1 Tea. Baking Powder
- 1 Egg~slightly beaten
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Pecans (optional)
- 1/2 Cup Butter (real is better)
- 1 Tea. Flour
- Dash of Salt
- 1 Tea. Vanilla
- In pot, melt butter w/vanilla, add oats and set aside. Sift (mix) together, sugar, flour, baking powder and salt. Combine with oat mixture. Add nuts (optional)mix well. Put non-stick aluminum foil on baking sheet. Drop mix by 1/2 teaspoon onto aluminum foil, spacing far apart!
- Bake at 350* until browned (about 6 minutes)
- Remove foil from cookie sheet, Let cookies cool before removing foil!