Lemon Bar Recipe
Who doesn’t love a good lemon bar recipe? No matter the occasion, these are always an amazing addition to any spread!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 lemons, juiced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, blend together softened butter, 2 cups flour and 1/2 cup sugar.
- Press into the bottom of an ungreased 9x13 inch pan.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until firm and golden.
- In another bowl, whisk together the remaining 1 1/2 cups sugar and 1/4 cup flour.
- Whisk in the eggs and lemon juice.
- Pour over the baked crust.
- Bake for an additional 20 minutes in the preheated oven.
- The bars will firm up as they cool.
- For a festive tray, make another pan using limes instead of lemons and adding a drop of green food coloring to give a very pale green. After both pans have cooled, cut into uniform 2 inch squares and arrange in a checker board fashion.