Molasses Crinkles Cookie Recipe
Even though the dough has to cool overnight, these molasses crinkle cookies are well worth the wait! Get the recipe below.
- 1 1/2 cups shortening
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Melt the shortening in a large pan on the stove, and cool.
- Add sugar, eggs, and molasses, beat well.
- Next, add dry ingredients to the pan. Mix well and chill 3 hours or overnight.
- Form into walnut-size balls. Roll in granulated sugar. Place on greased cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 8-10 minutes.