Money-Saving Halloween Party Ideas
Between the cost of costumes and candy, Halloween can take a bite out of your wallet. Don’t let that stop you from throwing a killer Halloween party! You can easily throw one without busting your budget. Take a trip to your local dollar store and you’ll find some party supplies perfect for your party.
Here’s a few ways you can decorate on a budget outside the house:
- Change the bulb at your front door to an orange bulb to give a special haunting glow.
- Put up a pre-printed Halloween scene on your door.
- Fill the garbage bags that look like pumpkins with the leaves that have fallen from your trees. This is an easy and inexpensive way to decorate while getting some of your landscape cleaning done.
- Get some fake hands or limbs from the dollar store and have them sticking out of the ground.
- Throw some fake cobwebs onto your bushes for a spooky look.
- You’ll also find fake headstones at your local dollar store to stick into the ground.
Inside the house:
- Decorate a big bowl with some googly eyes or use Halloween stickers to decorate it.
- Fill the bowl with candy. There are some great candy sales going on during this season, so you should be able to get some fantastic deals when you pair it up with available coupons.
- Cover your tables with orange and black tablecloths. You can find these inexpensively at your dollar store or party store.
- Change some light bulbs inside your house with orange ones.
- Add big, hairy spiders (of course, fake ones) throughout your house and maybe have them suspended in cobwebs off the ceilings in your house.
Party games and party favors:
- I found some pumpkin carving kits at the dollar store (you may even find them for less when they’re on sale at other stores). Use these, along with some small pumpkins, for a fun activity to do with your party guests. Add a tealight in them to create the special effects.
- Play musical chairs with Halloween music in the background. You can find many different Halloween-themed songs to download.
- For party favors, you can include candy that you’ve purchased on sale, along with some Halloween-themed favors you found at your local dollar store or party store. Many of those packs include 10-12 of each favor.
Some places to check out for great deals on Halloween party decorations, games, and favors are:
- Dollar stores
- Party supply stores
- Big box retailers
- Resale stores like Goodwill, Salvation Army, and Savers
- Consignment sales
- Online retailers
What are some of your favorite ways to decorate for your Halloween party without breaking the bank?