Pro Tips for Amazon Prime Day 2018
Amazon Prime Day 2018 is almost upon us. Are you ready for 36+ hours of amazing Lightning Deals? Amazon has officially announced the 4th Annual Prime Day will be July 16, 2018, with deals starting at 3 p.m. ET. We’ve got a few ways to make sure you don’t miss out on a great deal.
- Be an Amazon Prime Subscriber: Amazon Prime Day is exclusive to Prime members. You can score a 30-day trial for free when you sign up with a current, valid credit card. After that, you can pay two ways, subscribe for the year and pay $99 or subscribe monthly for only $12.99 a month. Prime subscribers enjoy unlimited free two-day shipping on over 50 Million items, free same-day or one-day delivery on eligible $35 orders, free 2-hour delivery on daily essentials and grocery items after meeting the minimum order amount for Prime Now, access to Prime Music, Prime Video and so much more.
- Download the app: Amazon will be offering sneak peaks of select deals as early as July 9 on their app. Add items you’re interested in, to a list to get notified when they go on sale. Grab the one for iPhone here, and the one for Android here.
- Push Alerts: Mark the categories or specific deals important to you to receive push alerts for when items in those categories will go live.
Just take a look at the upcoming deals starting July 9th, and click
“Watch this Deal.”
- Get Alexa: Having an Alexa-enabled device such as Amazon Echo or Echo Dot can get you a leg up. Both devices will have exclusive Alexa voice shopping deals.
- Set up Amazon Assistant: Setting up Amazon Assistant on your desktop will help you keep track of deals, orders, and deliveries directly from your desktop.
- Plan Ahead: Know something you’re definitely planning to buy? Add it to a shopping list. You’ll get notified if that item gets discounted on Prime Day.
- Think Fast: Deals are only live for a limited amount of time. Be sure to act quickly. If you’re not sure, add the deal to your cart anyways. It will reserve it for 15 minutes, and give you more time to decide.
- Check the Price: While that deal sits in your cart, double check and make sure you’re getting the best deal with the PriceJump App. You can find the absolute lowest price in seconds.
- Use a coupon: Check out Valpak.com for a plethora of deals on categories, books, gift cards and more.
411 on Deals
Be on the look for Alexa enabled devices. We expect to see deals on Fire Sticks, the Echo Dot (maybe down 50%) and the Amazon Echo Spot. It’s almost guaranteed you’ll find deals on Kindles and tablets as well. We can also expect to see some deep discounts on gaming systems, such as the Nintendo Switch, PS4, and Xbox One console bundles. Don’t forget to keep an eye on household items like 4k TVs, Phillips Hue bulbs, and other mundane items.
Monkey See, Monkey Do
It may not come as a shock to you that other brands are jumping on the Prime Day Hype Train. We expect to see blowout deals for Amazon’s big competitors as well. Competitors like Target, Walmart, Best Buy and Jet.com. Do your homework, add items to your cart (use that reserve window) and then check all four competing stores before purchasing to ensure you’re getting the best deal.