Sandra Lee’s Champagne Cakes Recipe
Did we have you at champagne? These delightful pink frosted champagne cupcakes courtesy of Sandra Lee, are sure to be a hit at your next gathering! Give them a try:
- 1 box white cake mix
- 1 1?4 cups plus 3 to 4 tablespoons Champagne, divided
- 3 egg whites
- 1?3 cup vegetable oil
- 1?2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 sticks (1?2 pound) butter, at room temperature
- 4 1?2 cups powdered sugar
- Pink food coloring
- Sprinkles, for decorating
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 24 cups of 2 standard muffin tins with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer on low speed, combine cake mix, 1 1?4 cups of Champagne, egg whites, and vegetable oil. Beat on medium speed until well incorporated, about 3 minutes.
- In a bowl, stir together 1 tablespoon Champagne and baking soda; the mixture will froth up. Stir into batter until fully incorporated.
- Fill muffin cups two-thirds full with batter and bake for 16 to 18 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool completely on wire rack.
- In a bowl, with an electric mixer, beat butter and powdered sugar until smooth. Beat in remaining 2 to 3 tablespoons of Champagne until frosting is light and fluffy. Tint frosting with a small drop of food coloring until pale pink. Decorate with sprinkles.