Top 5 Holiday Party Planning Tips
Who doesn’t love a party over the holidays? You get to gather around with some of your closest friends, eat good food, drink, sing some holiday songs together and even play some fun-filled games. They really are what makes the holidays so fun! Being the party-thrower, though, can be a little stressful.
Between still having to work a full-time job, taking care of the kids and upholding all your regular responsibilities, throwing a party any time of the year can be a little stressful. Don’t worry! Take a deep breath, you got this. If you need some help, check out these tips to help you throw a fun and stress-free party that everyone will enjoy!
- Make the food pretty – You can do a lot in the way of decoration with just the food you are planning on serving! Between a gorgeous dusting of powdered sugar on the cookies and hot chocolate or festive bunches of rosemary and other herbs on the hors d’oeuvre platters, most of your decorations are done right there! Stop by your local Walmart and use a coupon code for a great selection of platters, or create your own.
- Skip the big meal – Instead of preparing a large meal, just stick with making a bunch of delicious appetizers and finger foods so people can chat and mingle together instead of sitting down for a formal meal.
- Keep it classy with formal wear – Considering you are saving time by making appetizers instead of a big meal, swap out those paper plates for the good China. Whether you have designated holiday dishes or nice and simple china, use it instead of letting it collect dust this holiday season. You’ll be helping the environment, keeping that added cost in your wallet, plus your guests will feel extra special! Snag a few extra touches, like festive cloth napkins with a promo code at Target to finish off your look.
- Use natural decorations – A great way to create beautiful decorations during the holidays is to simply use what you already have. Use your evergreen clippings from the Christmas tree to create a beautifully simple wreath, decorate the mantle and even create a gorgeous table-scape with the clippings mixed with fresh season fruits like pears and apples.
- Create a warm ambiance with candles – You can grab a huge bag of white, unscented, tea lights at Oriental Trading Company for a great price, and they make all the difference! Scatter tea lights throughout the party area at different levels (some of the mantel, the kitchen tables, end tables and coffee tables, even on your bookshelf) to create a warm and intimate environment. It is suggested to use unscented candles to be considerate of the different allergies of your guests, and you want them to smell your delicious food anyways!
See, it doesn’t take much to have a great gathering with all your friends. Now just turn on your favorite holiday music soundtrack, pop open a bottle of wine, and let the festivities begin!