Nothing says summer like coconut and watermelon! Have you jumped on the coconut water bandwagon yet? I’ll be honest, I can’t quite get used to the texture on it’s own, but once thrown into a smoothie or tasty cocktail, I love it!
Coconut water has electrolytes and potassium — an amazing way to rehydrate after a workout or hot day on the beach! Quick tip: purchase cans of coconut water in the ethnic aisle to save at least 50%. I add fresh fruit and mint for flavor…the possibilities are endless.
This cocktail recipe is quite healthy and SO refreshing! It’s quite easy to make it non-alcoholic too. My kids love having it as watermelon slushies or frozen into popsicles.
- 1 can coconut water (we love Badia) or 1.5 cups
- 4 whole frozen strawberries
- 1 cup frozen watermelon - TIP: When we buy a whole watermelon, we blend up extras and put the juice in ice cube trays. 5 ice cubes is plenty for this drink
- 4 ounces of tequila of choice
- Optional: Fresh mint, a dash of liquid Stevia or coarse salt
- Lime wedges or fresh fruit
- In a blender, add can of coconut water, frozen fruit and tequila. Mix until smooth. Add optional mint leaves for an extra kick!
- Pour into glasses and top with a sprinkle of coarse salt.
- Serve in a glass with lime wedges or fresh fruit.