Valpak is looking for a dynamic Sales
Join an innovative, technology-focused, people
driven organization where you can create a roadmap for your career. Work hard,
drive results and define your own professional path. Our Valpak team thrives in
building lasting relationships with our customers and our success is driven by
the clients we serve. You will work one on one with clients and ultimately act
as their strategic marketing advisor, contributing your expertise and resources
in meeting their marketing objectives.
You will be responsible for growing new business, identifying unique business
objectives, and proactively taking actions to reach and exceed those goals
utilizing the strategic strengths our products offer. Our product portfolio provides
solutions in Print and Digital Marketing. Our print solutions include shared
mail, booklets, circulars, flyers, postcards, and premium on-envelope
advertising. Our Digital Solutions include Valpak.com, SEO, SEM, Email, Social
Media Management, Web Site Development, and Mobile advertising.
• This role will primarily focus on
identifying, cultivating, and closing opportunities to a variety of different
types of businesses.
• Identify and work with key decision makers to understand their initiatives in
developing integrated marketing solutions and matching our product portfolio to
• Create and deliver powerful and persuasive presentation to key decision
makers utilizing the entire Valpak Media portfolio of products to provide
integrated marketing solutions.
• Conduct face-to-face presentations, and closing opportunities to drive
revenue and hit overall business revenue targets. Lead in the development of
client contract negotiations through the close or renewal of business.
• Lead the development of client contract negotiations through the close or
renewal of business.
• Create and manage Prospect/Client database and creates and manages
Sales/Revenue. Must adhere to and exceed pricing/profitability guidelines as
established by management.
• Create and participate in opportunities to serve as a public representative
and image builder of Valpak in the local community in order to network and
develop Valpak's presence, e.g. promote and/or attend non-profit events, serve
as a member of the Chamber of Commerce and other local councils, becomes a
member of the Ad Federation or American Marketing Association.
This job description is intended to
describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual
assigned to this position. Primary responsibilities and tasks are intended to
describe those functions that are essential to the performance of this job. It
is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities,
duties and skills required of personnel.
Desired Skills & Experience:
• Strong verbal/written communication, presentation, and negotiation skills.
• Excel at cold calling and prospecting making outside sales calls.
• Well-developed technical skills (Internet, MS Office, CRM, Mobile).
• Able to manage deadlines and to operate with a sense of urgency.
• Strong understanding of all digital media platforms.
• Must be highly organized and work effectively in a fast-paced,
• Must be results oriented and have a record of success working in a
goal-oriented, highly accountable environment.
Education and Work Experience:
• Typically requires BS/BA or Associates degree in related discipline.
• History of being able to close long term contracts and maintain business
• Most importantly, we are looking for a proven track record of success in
electronic advertising sales, print direct mail experience, email, and online
media or technology.
Valpak of West Michigan is an independently owned and operated franchise. Franchisees are the exclusive employer of their employees and as such are solely responsible for all employment related matters in their businesses. Job descriptions, compensation, benefits and other employment terms and conditions applicable to positions at independent franchised Valpak offices will vary and are determined solely by the Franchisee.