Valpak Las Vegas needs to fill highly visible sales professional roles for our Las Vegas market. We’re looking for our next generation of “Super Sellers” that see opportunity and act 10x faster than the normal salesperson!!! You must be extremely comfortable in today's selling environment with the ability to make 40-60 calls a day to reach new customers and manage existing partnerships with a desire to win for both you and your clients. As one of the top media companies in the country, our resources for our sellers and our clients are the best in the industry. Valpak has a total offering of solutions including direct mail, print, and all things digital. This position is the closest thing you'll find to running your own business without emptying your pockets!
Are you ready for the challenge?
Great, so what's the job?
Valpak has a growing sales team in Las Vegas that thrives on helping businesses and communities grow.
This position is for highly skilled, experienced professionals who get excited about:
• Generating new business in an area through effective networking, referral generation and local prospecting, using a demonstrated passion and curiosity about local businesses.
• Doing BOTH traditional face-to-face and phone call prospecting, as well as using email, LinkedIn and other contemporary methods.
• Company provided leads!? YES! While that’s great, you'll ALSO NEED your own aggressive prospecting within your defined territory for you to grow and nurture.
• Meeting and exceeding established sales goals - and exceed your own personal earnings goals.
• Loving what you do, having fun and being a positive contributor to your local Valpak team.
The role involves a high degree of interaction with Executives/business owners and collaboration with various teams across the company. We’re a diverse, supportive, hard-working group that balances prospecting, selling, and nurturing our customer base which makes every day different and interesting!
No really, what would I be doing?
A successful Media Sales Consultant would:
• Work with clients and Valpak graphic designers on high-impact ad design with effective offers.
• Stay current on your local market and dynamic industry trends - Use Salesforce.com to effectively manage your business and participate in Valpak’s customer management ecosystem.
• Be a product expert and develop compelling and effective marketing solutions from Valpak’s robust and market-leading suite of products, including direct mail, Valpak.com, Web sites, SEO/SEM, social media, reputation management, SOLO mail, full service printing, and more.
• Provide exceptional ongoing account management to your existing clients to ensure their programs are successful, to develop trusted relationships and to renew and upgrade their programs.
• Make 40-60 verified calls a day to reach new customers and manage existing partnerships.
So what kind of people are you looking for?
We’re looking for awesome, experienced sales people. Bonus points if you have formal leadership skills, but not a requirement. In a nutshell, we’re looking for people whose experience and skill set offers:
• 2+ years demonstrated sales ability and proven success.
• Experience in print and digital advertising sales preferred, but not required.
• Must be a results-oriented self-starter and have a record of success working in a goal-oriented, highly accountable environment.
• Curiosity and a true passion for talking face-to-face with local businesses, stimulating interest on their end and helping develop effective client solutions. Will people say no to you… of course… so come with the ability to accept rejection as part of the job and enthusiastically move on to the next potential yes - and to enjoy the wins!
• Well-developed contemporary productivity and technological skills (Internet, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Salesforce CRM, Mobile and Social).
• Ability to manage deadlines and to operate with a sense of urgency - Understanding of traditional and digital media platforms.
• Ability to follow our system of selling and not bring any baggage from other jobs into our office.
• College degree is preferred, but not required - Strong analytical skills - Ability to contribute to a positive local team culture.
• Must have a current driver’s license and insured automobile.
• Must have a smart phone and/or tablet computer.
How will I get paid?
• Base salary plus commission and residual earnings on contracted accounts.
• Your earnings are limited only by your efforts.
• Sales bonuses.
• Sales contests and incentives.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual assigned to this position. Primary responsibilities and tasks are intended to describe those functions that are essential to the performance of this job. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel.
Due to the number of applications we receive, we cannot follow-up with every applicant individually. Please be assured that if your background matches what we are seeking, and you are selected for an interview, we will contact you. Thank you.