The Valpak $5,000 Sweepstakes
OFFICIAL SWEEPSTAKES RULES
NO PURCHASE, PAYMENT OR SUBMISSION TO SALES PRESENTATIONS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. YOU HAVE NOT YET WON. ALL FEDERAL, STATE/PROVINCIAL, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
- SPONSOR: The Valpak $5,000 Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes") is sponsored by Valpak Direct Marketing Systems, Inc. ("Valpak") ("Sponsor"). The Sweepstakes will be presented using multiple creative themes ("Big Game" and "Valentines") and related entry pages as described in Section 3 below. A single Grand Prize winner will be selected from among the eligible entries received across all creative presentations of the Sweepstakes.
- ELIGIBILITY: Subject to the additional limitations set forth below, the Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia and to legal residents of Canada (excluding Quebec) who are eighteen (18) years of age or older, or the age of majority in their state/province of residence, whichever is older at time of entry. Sweepstakes is not open to employees of Sponsor or any of its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, franchisees and advertising or promotional agencies, or to the immediate family members of, or to any persons domiciled with, any such employees. For purposes of the Sweepstakes, "immediate family members" are defined as spouses, children, siblings, parents, grandparents and grandchildren.
- ADDITIONAL ENTRIES FOR THE PRIZE DRAWING: Individuals entering online may receive additional entries by referring a friend to the Sweepstakes (the "Refer A Friend") or by sharing the promotion with your friends on Facebook or Twitter (the "Share With Your Friends"). Referring A Friend and Share With Your Friends is not required to enter the Sweepstakes. To receive additional entries, follow the instructions below. Refer A Friend: After completing the Official Online Registration form, you can provide up to five (5) unique, valid email addresses of persons with whom you have an existing relationship and who are at least eighteen (18) years old, or the age of majority in their state/province of residence, whichever is older. You must also obtain consent from each such person before providing his/her email address and by submitting his/her email address, you certify that you have done so. Sponsor will send an email to each friend on your behalf advising him/her about the Sweepstakes. You will receive one (1) additional Sweepstakes entry for every unique, separate valid email address that you provide, up to a maximum of five (5) additional entries per day. False or fictitious and invalid email addresses will not be eligible for additional entries and providing false or fictitious and invalid email addresses may be grounds for disqualification from the Sweepstakes. Share With Your Friends: After clicking the "Submit" or "No Thanks" button on the Refer A Friend page, you can receive one (1) additional entry into the Sweepstakes per day either by clicking on the Tweet button or by clicking on the Facebook button and following the instructions on the Share screen. By clicking on the "Tweet This" button, you will be sharing information about the Sweepstakes on your Twitter account. By clicking on the Facebook button, you will be sharing information about the Sweepstakes on your Facebook account. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to determine whether or not additional entries shall be awarded. Sweepstakes is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by Facebook or Twitter, nor is Facebook or Twitter associated with the Sweepstakes in any way. You understand that you are providing information to the Sponsor and not to Facebook or Twitter. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Sweepstakes must be directed to the Sponsor or its administrator, and not to Facebook or Twitter.
- PRIZE & ODDS: The award of a prize is subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules. One (1) Grand Prize Winner will receive a $5,000.00 USD check. The prize is non-assignable and nontransferable. No substitutions by the winner are allowed. Sweepstakes Entities (as defined below) reserve the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value for any reason whatsoever. Grand Prize Winner is solely responsible for payment of all federal, state/provincial and local taxes on the prize value awarded and for any costs incurred in claiming or using the prize. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
The participant selected as a Grand Prize Provisional Winner (as defined in Section 6) may be required to provide his/her valid Social Security Number to Sponsor for tax purposes and/or complete an IRS W-9 form in order to claim the prize. As a condition of receiving the prize, the Grand Prize Provisional Winner may be required to complete, sign and have notarized an affidavit of eligibility, a liability release and, except where prohibited by law, a publicity release, which must be returned via mail or hand delivery within ten (10) business days of date of sender's notification postmark. Failure of the Grand Prize Provisional Winner to timely sign, notarize and return any required affidavit and release or the return of any prize, affidavit/release or prize notification as undeliverable, or failure of the Grand Prize Provisional Winner to claim a prize or to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules, may result in disqualification, the forfeiture of his or her interest in the prize, and the award of the prize to a substitute Grand Prize Provisional Winner to be randomly selected from all remaining eligible entries.
Total ARV of the prize awarded in the Sweepstakes: $5,000.00 USD.
- WINNER SELECTION, NOTIFICATION AND ACCEPTANCE: A random drawing from among all eligible entries received will be conducted during regular business hours on or about February 21, 2014 to select one (1) Grand Prize Winner. The drawing will be conducted as follows: one (1) Grand Prize Provisional Winner will be selected at random by Sponsor's fulfillment center. The Sponsor's fulfillment center will attempt to contact the selected Grand Prize Provisional Winner in person by telephone during regular business hours (9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. (ET)) using the telephone number provided on the Grand Prize Provisional Winner's entry form. If Sponsor's fulfillment center is unable to reach the Grand Prize Provisional Winner in person by telephone (Sponsor's fulfillment center will attempt to reach Grand Prize Provisional Winner up to three (3) times during a twenty-four hour period and no messages will be left), that Grand Prize Provisional Winner will be disqualified and a substitute Grand Prize Provisional Winner will be randomly selected from among the remaining eligible entries. The first eligible Grand Prize Provisional Winner that the Sponsor successfully contacts personally by telephone and who claims the Grand Prize in accordance with these Official Rules will be declared the Grand Prize Winner. If the Grand Prize Provisional Winner is a resident of Canada, in order to win and receive the prize he/she must also first correctly answer, unaided and without mechanical or electronic assistance, a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question administered by telephone. Failure of a Canadian Grand Prize Provisional Winner to correctly answer the skill-testing question in the time allotted will result in disqualification, the forfeiture of his or her interest in the prize, and the random selection of a substitute Grand Prize Provisional Winner from among all remaining eligible entries received.
The Grand Prize Winner may waive the right to receive a prize. Unless prohibited by law, acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for the Sponsor and its advertising and promotional agencies to use the Grand Prize Winner's name, address (city and state/province) and/or likeness for any commercial, publicity or promotional purposes without further notice, compensation, review or approval, worldwide and in perpetuity, in any and all forms of media, now known and hereafter devised, including without limitation the Internet.
A PARTICIPANT IS NOT A WINNER OF THE GRAND PRIZE UNLESS AND UNTIL SPONSOR HAS COMPLETED ITS VERIFICATION OF PARTICIPANT'S ELIGIBILITY AND COMPLIANCE WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
- PARTICIPATION: By participating, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and any Sweepstakes judges or administrators appointed by Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Any person attempting to defraud or in any way tamper with the Sweepstakes will be ineligible for the prize and may be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.
- RELEASE: By participating in the Sweepstakes, each participant agrees to fully release, forever discharge and hold harmless Sponsor, Facebook, their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and franchisees, and the officers, directors, employees, agents, representatives and successors and assigns of all of the foregoing companies (collectively, the "Sweepstakes Entities") from and against any claims, costs, liabilities, losses, injuries and damages arising out of the Sweepstakes, including, but not limited to, any claims for personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, loss of enjoyment, or any other harm whatsoever arising out of: (1) participation in the Sweepstakes; (2) the quality, receipt, possession, use, or misuse of any prize; or (3) any travel or activity that is related to the Sweepstakes or any prize.
- DISCLAIMERS OF LIABILITY: By entering, participants acknowledge and agree that the Sweepstakes Entities will not be liable for losses or injuries of any kind resulting from acceptance/possession/use and/or misuse of prize(s), the theft of prizes or mail, travel to and from or participation in any prize-related activity, participation in the Sweepstakes, printing, mailing or distribution errors, or any malfunctions of the telephone network, computer Internet system, computer dating mechanism, computer equipment, software, or any combination thereof, or for any entries that are late (including delayed data transmissions), tampered with, garbled, incomplete, misdirected, lost, postage-due, forged, illegible, inaudible, mutilated, mechanically duplicated, mass machine printed, or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules. Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible or liable for any injury or damage to any participant's or third person's computer and/or its contents, related to or resulting from the Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right to terminate, suspend or modify the Sweepstakes if, in its sole discretion, it determines that for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as originally planned, or fraud, technical failures, printing, mailing or distribution errors, or any other unanticipated causes or occurrences have compromised the fairness or integrity of the Sweepstakes. In the event the Sweepstakes is terminated prior to the stated end date, Sponsor reserves the right to award all prizes in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received as of the date of termination. BY ENTERING, PARTICIPANTS FURTHER ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING THE WEBSITES, ENTRY PAGES AND THE PRIZE(S), ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND THAT TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS REGARDING THE PRIZES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR OR GENERAL USE OR PURPOSE.
Sponsor will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials or announcements relating to the Sweepstakes.
- SWEEPSTAKES MAIL OPT-OUT REQUEST/WINNERS' LIST: To request the name and hometown of the Grand Prize Winner (available after March 21, 2014) or a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped business-size envelope to The Valpak $5,000 Sweepstakes, P.O. Box 13428, St. Petersburg, Florida 33733, Attn: Promotions Department. Indicate whether you are requesting the name of the Grand Prize Winner, or a copy of these Official Rules, or any combination of the foregoing. Residents of Vermont may omit return postage for rules. If you no longer wish to receive mailings for sweepstakes sponsored by Valpak, write to 8605 Largo Lakes Drive, Largo, FL 33773 - Attn: Sweepstakes Removal.