Founded in 1955, Woods Humane Society has grown from a small, volunteer-run organization to become the only full-service humane society in San Luis Obispo County.
With the support of our generous community, Woods Humane Society constructed the facility it calls home today at 875 Oklahoma Avenue in San Luis Obispo. The 25,000 square foot campus sits on 5-acres of land, has a free-roaming cattery, two canine pods, seven canine exercise yards, a state-of-the-art surgery center, a training and behavior center and a 1,300 square foot community room. Woods sits on land owned by San Luis Obispo County and in return takes in over 300 cats and dogs from County Animal Services each year.
Woods Humane Society - North County, as it is now known, continues to provide shelter and adoption opportunities for cats and kittens. This family tradition of generosity has allowed us to care for countless homeless pets as we developed a full range of services and has positioned us to look to a future where every animal has a home where it is cherished. Please consider visiting us and our animals.