(OMAHA, NE — February 3, 2014) – With January a distant memory, perhaps those New Year’s resolutions are too.
A University of Scranton study says that a mere 8% of people are successful in achieving their New Year’s resolutions and nearly one-third (29%) of people are unable to maintain their resolution past two weeks into the year.
However, Valpak, a leader in local print and digital coupons, has been in the business of helping people save money for more than 45 years. And Valpak can even help you stick to those resolutions, which often include saving more and spending less, along with spending more time with family. Check out these tips:
- 1. Spend more time with family: On the days that the weather doesn’t allow a family bike ride, take the kids to Dave & Busters - Buy one lunch get one equal or lesser value for free; free $20 game play with purchase of $20 game play; or to a Creighton Basketball game - buy one get one free Creighton Bluejays game; or a hockey game at Omaha Lancers (Check in for monthly deals).
- 2. Check off those chores:Instead of saying you’ll do it yourself, get someone to do those home services professionally; you’ll find deals for plumbers, air conditioning, cabinets and kitchen redo, closets, windows and carpet cleaning that will get the house in shape again. Check out Mr Handyman with $25 off any services provided; $250 off a kitchen or bath remodel of $2500 or greater.
- 3. Get your motor running: Instead of letting it sneak up on you, make an appointment to get your oil changed or have your tires rotated. Several car service businesses offer deals on oil changes and there’s probably one right near you, including Dolphin’s Carwash $20 off any one detailing service; House of Mufflers and Brakes $18.99 oil change; $4 tire rotation with oil change; Tuffy Auto Centers $19.99 oil change at Bellevue; oil change and tire rotation $19.99 at Millard.
- 4. Get your app on: Make sure to download apps to your smartphone that can more with coupons, coupon codes and grocery coupons such as Valpak, Savings and Favado.
- 5. Take it on the town:Give yourself a break. Going out to eat with your family doesn’t have to break the bank. Check out the website or the Valpak app to find great local restaurants, including The Rail Car Restaurant Sunday brunch $5 off bill of $25 or more; Buy one get one half off with purchase of two drinks; or Louie’s Wine Dive $25 off parties of 8 or more.
- 6. Slim Down:Get yourself to the YMCA $5 off any 1 program registrations at any of 10 Omaha locations; or check out Complete Nutrition 22% off your purchase of ReFirm or Mancore; or $10 off purchase of Herbal Cleanse.
- 7. Take care of Number 1: Get that massage you’ve been dreaming about and pamper yourself at Massage Heights $20 free with every $100 gift card purchase; 2 free foot scrubs with purchase of couple’s massage for $99.98.
For more tips on resolving to save money and help for teaching your kids save, visit the Valpak blog.
Please go to Valpak.com and enter your ZIP code to find similar coupon offers in categories such as restaurants, entertainment, personal care, automotive, shops, health, services, home and office and general, as well as savings on coupon codes and grocery coupons.
Valpak, one of the leading direct marketing companies in North America, is owned and operated by Cox Target Media. With nearly 170 franchises across the United States and Canada, the signature Blue Envelope® delivers coupons and savings to nearly 40 million households each month. Annually, Valpak will distribute some 20 billion offers inserted in more than 500 million envelopes. Valpak also offers digital solutions online through https://www.Valpak.com and http://www.valpak.ca, sites offering free coupons, e-commerce and coupon codes. Additionally, the Valpak coupon mobile coupon app for smartphone platforms delivers easy to find savings for consumers. For more information about advertising with Valpak, please contact 1-800-676-6878.
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media company that includes the national advertising rep firms of CoxReps. Additionally, CMG owns Cox Target Media, which operates Valpak, one of North America’s leading direct marketing companies, and Savings.com, a leading online source for savings. The company’s operations currently include 14 broadcast television stations and one local cable channel, 57 radio stations, eight daily newspapers and more than a dozen non-daily publications, and more than 100 digital services. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly, including more than 30 million TV viewers, more than 3.5 million print and online newspaper readers, and 14 million radio listeners. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
8605 Largo Lakes Drive
Largo, FL 33773