(LARGO, FL — August 30, 2012) — Valpak®, North America’s leading direct marketer, recognized its top sales representatives and leaders at its signature event, Coupon U. The annual training and development conference culminated with an award celebration held in Las Vegas, NV.
This year marked the 25th anniversary of Valpak’s Coupon U, with nearly 1,000 Valpak franchise owners, office managers, sales representatives, network staff and home office employees from across the U.S. and Canada, as well as Valpak management and executives. Also attending this year were senior executives from Cox Enterprises, Cox Media Group and Savings.com.
The conference also featured its annual volunteer event that benefits the host city. This year, the Mission: Charity event benefited Operation Shoebox and After-School All-Stars.
Each year, the three-day Coupon U is filled with presentations and discussions focused on sales education, training, motivation and recognition in a Saturday night awards banquet. The award winners for 2012 are:
- Sales Quality Award in honor of Bob Musselman: Mel Schaeffer,Valpak of Long Island
- Sales Team of the Year: Valpak of Southeast Michigan
- Improved Sales Team of the Year Award: Valpak of Long Island
- Sales Person of the Year: Damon Barr, Valpak of Virginia
- Sales Manager of the Year: Brad Cohen, Valpak of Southeast Michigan
- Digital Excellence Award: Kathie Fahey, Valpak of Cape Cod & The Islands; Kandy Roeser, Valpak of East Mesa Valley
- Call Tracking Growth Award: Valpak of Northwest Florida & Southwest Alabama
- Office Manager of Year: Jennifer Daniels, Valpak of Central Maryland
- Rookie of the Year: Brian Carey, Valpak of Dallas
- 1st runner up rookie of the year: Corri Balestreri, Valpak of Southeast Wisconsin
- Sophomore of the Year: Holly McAtee, Valpak of Omaha
- 1st runner-up sophomore: Gil Khoury, Valpak of Bay Area, Inc.
Valpak, one of the leading direct marketing companies in North America, is owned and operated by Cox Target Media, along with Savings.com. With nearly 170 franchises across the United States and Canada, the signature Blue Envelope® delivers savings and value to nearly 40 million households each month. Annually, Valpak will distribute some 20 billion offers inserted in more than 500 million envelopes. Valpak also offers digital solutions with www.Valpak.com®, an online site for printable coupons, e-commerce and coupon codes, which has nearly 70 million offer views each month, as well as apps for smartphone platforms For more information about advertising with Valpak, please contact 1-800-676-6878.
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media company that includes the national advertising rep firms of Cox Reps. Additionally, CMG owns and operates Cox Target Media, providers of Valpak, a leading North American direct marketing company and Savings.com, a leading online coupon site and community. With $1.7 billion in revenue, the company operations include 15 broadcast television stations and one local cable channel, 86 radio stations, eight daily newspapers and more than a dozen non-daily publications, and more than 100 digital services. CMG operates in more than 30 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly, including 30 million TV viewers, more than 4 million print and online newspaper readers, and 18 million radio listeners. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.