Goodyear Case Study
5.1% INCREASE IN SALES
To measure the effect of Valpak direct mail on tire sales, service sales and number of transactions.
- 400,000 households mailed Valpak offers 3 times across 2 markets
- Households selected based on 5-mile radius around test stores, custom PRIZM® profile, demographics and consumer expenditure data
- Test and control stores in each market were geographically distant from one another and had similar tire sales, service sales and customer transactions
- 4.6% average net increase in tires sold per day for test stores vs. control stores
- 5.1% average net increase in tire sales per day for test stores vs. control stores
- 3.3% net increase in number of transactions per day for test stores vs. control stores
The test results show Valpak successfully drove customers to Goodyear retail locations, resulting in increased tire and service sales, as well as transactions. The test also indicated a strong offer significantly impacts results, with a dollars-off offer producing a higher lift in tire sales compared to a price-point offer.