Case Study: McDonald’s®
Valpak® Offers Increase Sales And Drive Consumer Traffic
Measure the effectiveness of a Valpak mailing to drive traffic and sales to McDonald’s
Mailing Strategy / Campaign
- Mailed a total of 380,000 single panel inserts in New Jersey
- Mailed households within a five-mile radius of seven New Jersey McDonald’s franchised locations
Eight high value offers were provided:
- 2 Buy One Get One Free Big Mac®, Quarter Pounder® with Cheese or Filet-O-Fish® Sandwich
- 2 Buy One Get One Free Any Breakfast Sandwich
- 1 Buy One Get One Free Any Premium Chicken Sandwich, Angus Third Pounder or Cheddar Bacon Onion Sandwich
- 1 Buy One Get One Free Any Medium or Large Hot or Cold McCafé®
- 1 Free Medium Fries with purchase of a Big Mac® Sandwich
- 1 Free Happy Meal with purchase of any extra value meal
- The Valpak campaign achieved a 5.7% redemption rate*
- The Valpak average ticket was 16.0% higher than the overall average ticket during the promotional time frame
- McDonald’s earned nearly $13 in gross sales and $6 in net sales for every $1 spent on the Valpak program
The results of the program confirmed that the Valpak audience drove traffic, produced a higher average ticket and resulted in a positive return on investment.
*Redemption Rate = Total redeemed coupons divided by total households mailed.
Valpak® is a registered trademark of Valpak Direct Marketing Systems, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates. Copyright © 2013 Valpak Direct Marketing Systems, Inc.