McDonald’s® Case Study
16% HIGHER AVERAGE TICKET
To measure the effectiveness of a Valpak mailing in driving traffic and sales to McDonald’s stores.
- Mailed 380,000 single-panel inserts in New Jersey
- Mailed households within a 5-mile radius of 7 New Jersey McDonald’s franchised locations
- 8 high-value offers were provided:
- 2 buy-one, get-one Big Mac®, Quarter Pounder®with Cheese or Filet-O-Fish®
- 2 buy-one, get-one breakfast sandwich
- 1 buy-one, get-one Premium Chicken Sandwich, Angus Third Pounder or Cheddar Bacon Onion Sandwich
- 1 buy-one, get-one medium or large McCafé® drink
- 1 free medium fries with purchase of a Big Mac®
- 1 free Happy Meal® or with purchase of any extra value meal
- 5.7% redemption rate
- 16% higher overall average ticket
- Nearly $13 in gross sales and $6 in net sales for every $1 spent
The results of the program confirmed that the Valpak audience drove traffic, produced a higher average ticket and resulted in a positive return on investment.